Greek Letters and Alphabet - From Alpha to Omega
by: Andrey Solovyev • 3.2K
This application is a perfect app to learn 24 Greek letters and alphabet: from Alpha to Omega. You can choose between three options:
1) Traditional names of Greek letters in English language.
2) Letters of Modern Greek language.
3) Names of letters written in Greek.
The Greek alphabet table and examples of use of Greek characters in Science and Math are also provided.
For each option, you can also choose the way of studying that suits you the best:
* Multiple-choice questions (including separate games for capital - uppercase - and small - lowercase letters).
* Quiz "Find the Letter" - the name is given, your goal is to find the symbols.
* Quiz "Name the Letter" - the Greek character is presented, you should type its name.
* Time game (give as many answers as you can in 1 minute).
Can you distinguish Phi and Psi? Test yourself right now! Alpha, beta, gamma, and go on!
This app is essential for those:
- Learning Greek and reading Homer in original;
- Joining a Greek fraternity or sorority (ever wondered what those ΦΛΥ stand for?);
- Studying science classes (math, physics, chemistry - there are Greek symbols in almost every formula starting with the number pi - π);
- Traveling to Greece or Cyprus (to understand signs and names);
- Wanting to learn more about other cultures and impress friends by knowing the letter ω.