by: Chris Lacy • 14.8K
Chris Lacy may put upside down the way people surf the web on their mobile devices with this simple app.
Link Bubble is a groundbreaking app that develops a simple idea. One of those apps that make you scream: Oh God! Why didn't I think of that first!? And even if you did, you run late. Sorry, dude.
Link Bubble opens and loads links within apps (Twitter, Flipboard, Facebook...) in the background without leaving the app or interrupting its use. When links are fully loaded, you can tap the floating bubble to read the content on an also floating built-in web browser. When you are done with it, tap and hold the bubble and flick to execute one of the three possible actions: save to pocket, share or delete (close) it.
The free version only allows to open one page (one bubble tab) at a time. Pro version unlocks unlimited bubbles.
I would like to see it growing bigger: floating bubbles not just for "loading" browser tabs but also for apps (i.e. Youtube videos).
Regardless, Link Bubbles is a simple idea wonderfully implemented. Don't want your time to be wasted? Click/tap download button right now. Over and out.
by Emmanuel , Appszoom
Apr 24, 2014
★★★ "I’m tempted to call this something of a revelation." - The Next Web ★★★
★★★ "This app may very well change the way I browse the web on Android, and you should definitely consider picking it up." - Android Police ★★★
Link Bubble is an all-new browser designed and crafted solely with mobile devices in mind.
• When you click on a link in an app, Link Bubble loads that webpage in the background, leaving you free to keep using your current app rather than your precious time being wasted watching a page load. Once the page has fully loaded, it will animate on screen.
• Link Bubble's flick physics allow you to go from clicking a link to sharing a link or adding it to a service such as Pocket in little more than a second!
• Load multiple links from your current app at the same time (requires Pro).
• Gracefully handles links that redirect to other apps. No longer does clicking an Instagram link in Twitter redirect to a full screen browser before loading Instagram!
• Deep integration with the apps on your system.
• Locates embedded YouTube videos on web pages, and provides a shortcut to load those videos directly in the YouTube app.
• Handy stats that illustrate how much time you are saving by using Link Bubble.
Regarding the Location permission: This is required so that you might grant permission for a website to access your location (such as those with an embedded map). Link Bubble itself never accesses your location.