by: ADMIRALTY Apps • 180
The ADMIRALTY H-Note Application is aimed at Mariners wishing to send hydrographic data to the United Kingdom Hydrographic Office (UKHO).
This App presents an alternative way to send hydrographic data by taking advantage of your devices GPS, camera and email software.
Mariners are asked to use the App to report information affecting ADMIRALTY charts and publication, issues with ENCs from our service, Marine Life information and any other dangers to navigation direct to the UKHO via the App.
The H-Note App :
- Provides a simple form to enter details,
- Can automatically include your current location coordinates using your device GPS
- Can include images by either taking a photo or selecting existing photos from your gallery
- Enables you to send the H-Note via your devices email software
- Keeps a record of all H-Notes sent or saved.
When you submit an H-Note, you will receive an acknowledgement. The information will be assessed and verified to by the UKHO before taking immediate action or using the information is the next appropriate revision of a product.
Note: The UKHO reserves the right to reproduce any of the material supplied to improve the quality and safety of their products and service.
Please visit the UKHO website for more information on the H-Note and Maritime Safety; www.admiralty.co.uk/msi