FX File Explorer
by: NextApp, Inc. • 60.3K
Made with the power user in mind, File Explorer lets you explore your device’s files along with the option to send files to another user via Wi-Fi or if you device has it via NFC. You can also open up multiple windows within this app, and if you happen to transfer files that are zipped with RAR or ZIP file extensions, you can extract them. If you also love saving everything in the cloud, File Explorer lets you upload important files to the most popular cloud storage services.
File Explorer features Google’s beautiful new Material Design, making for a clean, sleek, and intuitive experience. File Explorer currently supports Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, SkyDrive, and a few other cloud services. It’s also relatively lightweight and it’s highly customizable.
The last update has brought issues with useful features like multiple window support and writing files to the SD card.
Tags: fx file explorer apk , file explorer , fx file browser , fx file explorer search , file explorer source , fx file explorer , fx file explorer full , fx browser , bugs of es file explorer file manager
Jan 29, 2016
FX File Explorer features a Material Design UI and new ways to transfer your files between devices and computers:
* SMBv2 support.
* New "FX Connect" transfers files from phone-to-phone with Wi-Fi Direct. Supports NFC to connect two phones by physically touching their backs together. (requires FX+)
* New "Web Access" enables transfer and management of files and media from your computer's web browser. You can drag-and-drop entire folders to your phone from your computer, or stream your phone's music playlists to your computer over Wi-Fi. (requires FX+)
FX is a file explorer built to make working with files and media on your phone or tablet as easy as it is on your computer:
* Productivity-oriented "Home Screen": Directly access your important folders, media, and cloud storage
* Multiple window support, with dual-view mode to see two windows at once
* "Usage View" mode shows the total size and content makeup of every folder, as you browse and manage files
* Support for most file archive formats
FX protects your privacy:
* No advertisements
* No tracking of user activity: FX does not ever "phone home"
* Built by NextApp, Inc., a US corporation founded in 2002; all proprietary code was developed in-house
The optional FX+ Add-On module enables more functionality:
* Access networked computers, including FTP, SSH FTP, WebDAV, and Windows Networking (SMB1 and SMB2)
* Connect to cloud storage including Google Drive, Dropbox, SugarSync, Box, SkyDrive, and OwnCloud
* Manage installed applications, with support for browsing applications based on their required permissions
* Create and explore inside AES-256/AES-128 encrypted zip files
* Browse audio content by artist/album/playlist; manage and organize playlists
* Directly browse photo and video folders
* Encrypted password keyring (use one password to access network and cloud locations)
FX includes a number of built-in editing/viewing applets:
* Text Editor (with undo/redo history, cut/paste, search, and pinch-to-zoom)
* Binary (Hex) Viewer
* Image Viewer
* Media Player and pop-up Audio Player
* Zip, Tar, GZip, Bzip2, 7zip archive creators and extractors
* RAR file extractor
* Shell Script Executor