Challenger Viewer Donation
by: The Challenger • 101
Comic Viewers come in a variety of tones and styles, but here is one you can count on. With Challenger Comics Viewer, you are provided with a number of tools to facilitate your comic viewing pleasure. With things like multi-touch zoom and simple vertical and horizontal controls, you'll be reading well into the night.
Challenger Comics Viewer can view apps in a multitude of formats and file types. It is also formatted to play on both smartphones and tablets. The touch controls are responsive and there isn't any noticeable lag when going from one section to another.
Would be nice if there were more themes and color options in Challenger Comics Viewer. It takes a while for the library to refresh after new content is added.
Tags: challenger viewer , challenger viewer donation , challenger viewer donations
Dec 28, 2015
Challenger Viewer Donation is an advanced comics, manga, books and PDF viewer.
There is a FREE version available on Google Play Store.
The Donation version is exactly the same (no extra features) and donation will help me to improve the app.
It's really simple to use. You just have to scroll ! Pages are automatically loaded and displayed (no need to click to go to next page).
This version works perfectly on phones AND tablets.
Supported image file formats are JPG, PNG, GIF, WebP (Android 4.0+) and BMP.
Supported book file formats are PDF, CBZ/ZIP, CBR/RAR, CBT/TAR, CB7/7Z, DjVu, and ePUB.
Main features are :
• Automatic page loading
• Zoom using multi-touch
• Vertical/Horizontal scrolling
• 2 display modes (Simple View which displays pages one by one and Multiple Image View which displays all pages one after the other)
• Scale filters: Bilinear, Bicubic, Lanczos4
• Library with covers displayed to quickly open comics (multiple kind of views available)
• Automatically switch to next issue when last page of the comic is displayed
• Border cropping
• Read from left to right or right to left
• Actions can be customized
• Single page and "2 page" display mode
• Filter to improve displayed image quality
• Manual scrolling by moving finger on screen
• Autoscrolling by long pressing on screen
• Tap to go to Next/Previous pages
• Fit to Width/Height/Screen display
• Multiple Image preview type
• Option to direct access to page
• History management
• Support multi-language (for now, english and french)
• Border can be display over Bitmap to easily identify each pages
• Contrast/Brightness/Saturation management
• Screen brightness management
• Application can be moved to SD Card
• Cached data can be stored in internal memory or SD Card
• Supports Samsung "Multi-Window" mode
• Color themes
Files can be accessed on the device or network.
Supported network protocols are :
• Google Drive
• Ubooquity (http://vaemendis.net/ubooquity)
• DLNA/Upnp (Need Android >= 4.0.3)
• OPDS (beta)
• Webdav/Cloud (like box.com, 4shared.com, alwaysdata.com, ...)
The application needs a phone/tablet with lots of memory and a powerful processor, so don't be disappointed if your phone is quite old and performance is not good.
For instance, it works perfectly on Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S5, Galaxy S6, Galaxy S7, Galaxy Tab, ...
Documentation is available at : http://challengerviewer.wordpress.com/challenger-comics-viewer-documentation/
An FAQ is available at : http://challengerviewer.wordpress.com/challenger-comics-viewer-faq/
The English forum : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1389440
Please add comments if you like this app or if you have some new features idea.
To report bugs, don't hesitate to send me e-mail.