Check Me In
by: Nadir Talic • 9
"Check Me In" is simple OpenGTS client application designed to provide OpenGTS system with user's location data. Data is acquired using Android GPS engine, transformed in suitable format, and sent to remote OpenGTS Server using devices's internet connection.
"Check Me In" uses internet connection for sending acquired location data to remote server. Data is sent using UDP connection, so remote host and port data must be set to valid values provided by OpenGTS service provider.
"Check Me In" has support for standard OpenGTS server with GPRMC message format, as default message format, as well as "Check Me In" custom server, implementing wider data range.
In "Communication Settings" section user can set following parameters:
- "Server address (url or IP) and Port No" - enables user to set address and port number for remote data acquisition server (Info provided by OpenGTS service provider),
- "Message format" - enables user to choose valid message format for data to be sent to remote data acquisition server (Info provided by OpenGTS service provider),
- "Account Id" - enables user to set AccountID provided by OpenGTS service provider
- "User Id" - enables user to set UserID provided by OpenGTS service provider (this property is optional)
- "Vehicle Id" - enables user to set VehicleID provided by OpenGTS service provider.
Application settings section contains settings for common application functionalities and location update parameters.
In "Application Settings" section user can set following parameters:
- "Parameter change before logging" - enables user to choose location update parameters, such as time interval and traveled distance in which application update should be requested (bearing change is currently disabled due to high battery consumption)
- "Keep screen ON" - enables application user to set application in the way that device's screen stays on,
- "Confirm exit on back button press" - enables user to choose whether application should prompt for action on Back button press,
- "Allow maps to use data connection" - enables user to choose if map functionality, on both Main and Map view, should use data connection, and show location on map.
Main view is used for starting/stopping data acquisition, as well as showing data to user both in raw form and on map.Data on map is displayed as point for each acquired location, so user can track all locations throughout data acquisition period.
Map view enables user to search for location using location address. After search result is selected, location is displayed on map view, and can be used as test location. The purpose of test location is to send test data to remote data acquisition server, and test communication settings.For user to send location test data, one must long press location pointer and from dialog select send location as test data option.
Tags: check me finance application , gps remote custom server , opengts testing device , check me in gts parameters , to check comunication port