by: De Agostini Scuola • 0
A Step 3 Reading and Training graded reader by Oscar Wilde and retold by Dereck Sellen. Published by Black Cat. The ghost that haunts an English country house decides to frighten away the new residents, an American family, but he soon realises that the Americans are not like his other victims!
This reader uses the "Expansive Reading"approach, where the text becomes a springboard to improve language skills and to explore historical background, cultural connections and other topics suggested by the text. As well as the story, this reader contains:
• An introduction about Oscar Wilde’s life and times
• A wide range of interactive activities practising the four skills
• Dossiers: Oscar Wilde in America and Ghosts
• PET-style interactive activities and Trinity-style interactive activities (Grade 5)
• A full recording of the text