by: Christopher Schutzeichel • 618
Well, we all know how hard Chemistry can be, let alone if you work at it. Either way, Chemistry Calculations is one of those simple apps designed to make your life better by arranging all the usual data and calculus in one place. In addition, the app links to wherever it needs -usually Wikipedia- when info can't be given offline and it's easy to figure out that it's an app made by a chemist for chemists.
User interface is sober and fast. Perhaps some kind of search bar, note system or favorites would have been useful, as any sharing options, but I'm not sure at all.
This free version includes anything you could need, but if you want you can upgrade it through an in-app purchase to get other tools to convert units and several more options.
by Peter , Appszoom
Jul 12, 2013
This application is intended to be a help with common calculations in the field of chemistry.
Now with buyable Pro-upgrade!
There are the following features:
- pKa-equation for weak acids
- pKb-equation for weak bases
- Thermodynamics (Ideal gas, Boyle, Lussac)
- Unit converter for several units
- Equation to calculate dilutions
- Tools for preparing solutions
- Tool to calculate solubility of a compound
- Tool to calculate amount of substance from mass percent
- Molecule weight calculator
- Periodic table with information about every element and links to external sources
- Reference tables for physical constants, reduction potentials, solubility products, pKa- and pKb-values and SI-Prefixes
Upgrade to Pro-version to support the development and get more reference data!
- Use a great variety of units within the tools, without converting them individually!
- Choose your preferred unit for temperatures and radii in the periodic table
- Atomic, covalent and van-der-Waals radii
- Ionization energies
- More reduction potentials
- More pka- and pKb-values
- More solubility products
Tablets are fully supported!
If you have any questions or suggestions for additional content, please contact me.