by: Intisol • 4
Flashcard Retriever is an app for language learning with a difference: give it a word and it goes off and retrieves potential new flashcards showing the use of that word for you! Using it you can quickly build up vocabulary decks of flashcards in Spanish, French, Italian or German or even obscure English.
- Its always easier to learn new words in context - the retriever will scour the web to try and find memorable examples of new words in context, as well as simple translations
- TTS (Text to Speech) For English, Spanish, French, Italian and German, the application will say outloud phrases in the language you are learning, when that side
of the flashcard is revealed
- Top 1000. For many languages, the top 1000 most frequently spoken words make up around 90% of all spoken discourse. The top 1000 button will randomly select a word from the top 1000 most frequent in the language you are learning, and you can then use the retriever to find memorable flashcards for that word
- Import from Quizlet (for any language) to practice preexisting decks
- Export to Quizlet to share the decks you have built up using the retriever
- App Widget: see your flashcards on the home screen!