HTML5 & CSS - Styling with CSS
by: AskVideo.com • 0
Eric Freeman and Elisabeth Robson, our WickedlySmart duo, are back with a in-depth look at styling your HTML5 pages using CSS, to make them work smart and look beautiful...
Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) give website design its horsepower! Imagine that the HTML on a web page as all the various parts of a car.Then imagine CSS are the automotive robots that give you the ability to build a complex assembly line that simplifies the way you determine the color, interior, wheels and engine on every car you produce. CSS are the robots of a web page that give web pages across your site a consistent look and feel that can be easily changed or modified!
In this second installment of their HTML & CSS series of courses, Elisabeth and Eric explore CSS's possibilities and show you how to create a "wickedly smart" web page designed specifically for musicians. In this innovative course you'll learn how to creatively analyze your page to decide how every element should look and feel. You'll also quickly become familiar with how selectors work in tandem with IDs and Classes to give your page its unique personality.
So open up that favorite text editor, make yourself comfortable, and let our dynamic web design duo guide you through the creation of a great-looking web page! And don't forget to watch all the other courses in this comprehensive series on HTML5 and CSS.
Table of contents:
2. Remembering What CSS Is All About
3. An Example Music Site
4. Using Simple Selectors
5. Understanding Inheritance
6. Making Use of Inheritance
7. Changing Style Dynamically with Pseudo Classes
8. Using Pseudo Classes
9. Selecting and Styling Lists
10. Using List Styles
11. External Style Sheets
12. Understanding the Link Tag
13. Add a Header and Breadcrumbs
14. Selecting With IDs
15. Using Ancestry to Select Elements
16. Understanding Descendant Selectors
17. How Rules Interact
18. More on Styling Links
19. More Properties to Improve Layout
20. All About Specificity
21. Introducing Classes
22. A Little Exercise in Classes
23. Replacing IDs With Classes
24. Class or ID?
25. Some Guidelines for Applying Selectors
26. Bringing It All Together With Selectors
27. Completing Our Music Site
28. Coming Soon...