iPrompts - ASD Visual Support
by: HandHold Adaptive, LLC • 18
SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY PRICE!
iPrompts, the original app for visual supports, is used by parents, special educators and therapists of those with autism and other developmental delays. iPrompts also works great with kids who just need more structure, including kids with Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD/ADHD), and even typical, pre-verbal toddlers!
iPrompts is used by thousands of caregivers, and has been acclaimed on television and in news stories worldwide. Created by the parents of a boy with Autism and researched under a U.S. Department of Education study, the app provides several useful visual and picture prompting tools (no audio prompts or voice output) to help individuals transition from one activity to the next, understand upcoming events, make choices, and focus on the task at hand:
* PICTURE SCHEDULES: Allows caregivers to create and present sequences of pictures, guiding those they care for through activities of any sort. Schedules can have many pictures, or even just two (i.e., to create a FIRST THIS, THEN THAT picture prompt). Captions can be edited for each image, allowing users to create basic SOCIAL STORIES. To create a Schedule, users can choose from hundreds of stock photos and illustrations in our starter Library, add pictures from a built-in Web Search tool, or snap pictures using the rear-facing camera of an equipped Android device.
* VISUAL COUNTDOWN TIMER: Displays an image of the caregiver's choice along with a graphical countdown timer (set to any duration). Useful for demonstrating how much time is left until a current activity ends, or before the next pictured activity begins.
* CHOICE PROMPTS: Lets caregivers offer choices between images, empowering those who cannot vocalize their preferences. When rotated horizontally, the Choice Prompt and Picture Schedule features enlarge and orient images for display to individuals needing visual support.
* EXPANDABLE IMAGE LIBRARY: Our starter library includes hundreds of useful illustrations and digital pictures across many categories. Users may add their own images to the Library through a built-in Web Search feature, or by taking pictures with the rear-facing camera of an equipped Android device. Users may also duplicate or delete images, and edit their captions.
iPrompts is a portable, flexible, easy-to-use, stigma-free and green alternative to using physical pictures (like PECS), and is especially helpful in reducing the frustrations of everyday life when traveling or on the go. The app is also the subject of a U.S. Department of Education-funded research study in special education settings.
Endorsements, Awards and Other Support:
* Finalist in About.com Reader's Choice Award (Favorite Special Needs App, 2012)
* Featured Partner in Autism Speaks Online Marketplace
* Research of iPrompts in special education funded by the U.S. Department of Education, Institute of Education Sciences, Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Program
* Frequent top-grossing app on iOS (Medical, daily sales)
* iPrompts is designed for a consistent and stable visual support and picture prompting experience on a wide array of Android-compatible devices. We find that it works best on the most recent 4"+ smartphones and on 7" tablets. A growing list of verified smartphones and tablets is provided below. Please check back as we add to the list. If your device is not on this list and you've installed the app, please email us at [email@example.com] and let us know how iPrompts is running for you!
* Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 Plus (3.2)
* Acer Iconia A200 (4.0.3)
* HTC Flyer (3.2.1)
* Samsung Galaxy Nexus (4.0.2)
* HTC Inspire (2.3)
Tags: iprompts make a choice , iprompts , iprompts lite , iprompts til