Ladybird: Read it yourself
by: Penguin Books • 17
*Please note that this appliction is not optimised for phones*
Build your child’s reading confidence and fluency with Read it yourself with Ladybird, a comprehensive, fun and successful graded reading series from the UK’s best-loved children’s publisher.
• One of Ladybird’s best-selling reading series, Read it yourself with Ladybird has helped children develop their key reading skills for over 35 years!
• With a wide variety of modern stories, traditional tales and favourite characters including Peppa Pig, Moshi Monsters, Topsy & Tim and Peter Rabbit, there’s something for every child
• All stories are written in a simple way to include many high-frequency words that are vital for first reading
• Carefully graded words, sentences and story length across four different levels to improve vocabulary and reading stamina and give a real sense of progress
• Colourful, detailed and interesting illustrations throughout to support a child’s understanding
• Comprehension questions and puzzles at the back of every book to encourage attention to detail and promote story discussion
• Helpful hints and tips for parents, carers and teachers
• Can be read independently or as part of a guided reading session at home or school
• Consultant checked and book-banded for easy use in UK schools
• A library app containing Read it yourself with Ladybird interactive ebooks
• Four free ebooks when you purchase the app, consisting of The Three Billy Goats Gruff (Level 1), Pirate School (Level 2), The Elves and the Shoemaker (Level 3) and The Pied Piper of Hamelin (Level 4)
• Build your collection further through the in-app shop as your child’s reading skills improve
• Listen to your child reading the stories
• If they get stuck, tap on individual words to hear the correct pronunciation spoken out loud
• Help your child to record, save and play back their own versions of each story
• Alternatively use as an audio book by listening to the built-in voiceover
Level 1: for children who have received some initial reading instruction and are beginning to recognise words on a page. Each story is told very simply, using a small number of frequently repeated words.
Level 2: for children who have received some reading instruction and can read short, simple sentences with help.
Level 3: for children who are developing reading confidence and stamina and are eager to begin reading longer stories with a wider vocabulary
Level 4: for children who are ready to read longer stories with a wider vocabulary and are eager to start reading independently
If you experience any technical issues please don’t hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tags: read it yourself ladybird , lady bird moshi monster books