QPython - Python for Android
by: Quseit Lab • 13.1K
Pipal Mobile Lab's QPython is a must-have app for Python programmers. It's an all-in-one app which brings to your Android device the Python interpreter (console), a built-in text editor (QEdit), a preset folder to save your scripts and many useful python libraries.
Need to review your code? You can do it right from the app. Need to test a few lines from the Python Interpreter? Run the console and get it done. The latter even include some control and function keys so you can boost your coding speed while on-the-go. Despite it comes with lot of packages installed (check them from the Package Index), you can install more using QPypi or pip (from console).
QPython is still in beta, which means that you cannot still have same versatility as in desktop. However, QPython is an excellent solution for those who always need coding tools at hand's reach but cannot always have access to a desktop platform. Highly recommended.
Tags: qpython pygame , sl4a python インタプリタ ctrl , qpython , qpython review , python unter programmieren , qedit python , python scripting player , editor python , qpython test
by Manu , Appszoom
Nov 23, 2014
QPython is a script engine that runs Python on android devices. It lets your android device run Python scripts and projects. It contains the Python interpreter, console, editor, and the SL4A Library for Android. It’s Python on Android!
It offers the development kit which lets you easily develop Python projects and scripts on your Android device.
[[ Main Features ]]
* Supports Python programming on Android including web apps, games, and SL4A programming etc
* Run Python scripts / projects on Android devices
* Can execute Python code & files from QRCode
* QEdit lets you create/edit Python scripts / projects easily
* Includes many useful python libraries
* Support pip
[[ Programming Features ]]
* Supports Web App programming, which let you develop mobile apps with web development framework, this speeds up your mobile development greatly
* Supports native UI programming, which let you develop games more easily by using scripts
* Supports SL4A programming to access Android’s features: network, Bluetooth, GPS, and more
[ IMPORTANT NOTE ]
* QPython is in BETA. If you experience any problems, please contact us so we can address them.
* To enable programming with some of Android’s features, QPython requires the following permissions: Bluetooth, GPS, and others. It doesn't require some permissions like access user account, access phone's status, so you could not use some related SL4A APIs.
[ QPython community ]
[ Feedback ]
Please give us five stars if you like our app. Thank you!
Contact us if you have any problems.
[ OTHER ]
This software uses code of Android Terminal Emulator licensed under the APACHE2 LICENSE, Kivy licensed under the LGPL 3 LICENSE.
Part of source could be found on https://github.com/qpython-android , we will push on the whole qpython to be opensource gradually.