by: Stanislav Bardyuk • 335
Incredible fractal wallpapers!
-- Features --
* View lots of fractal backgrounds
* Set image as wallpaper
* Save/View photos
* Share wallpapers (email, facebook, twitter, MMS)
* Favorite backgrounds you like
* Receive notifications when new wallpapers are uploaded (can be switched off in settings)
* Tablet support
* Upload your photos! (will appear in the application after approval)
-- What are fractals? --
Fractals are typically self-similar patterns, where self-similar means they are "the same from near as from far". Fractals may be exactly the same at every scale, or they may be nearly the same at different scales.
Fractal art is a form of algorithmic art created by calculating fractal objects and representing the calculation results as still images, animations, and media. Fractal art developed from the mid 1980s onwards. It is a genre of computer art and digital art which are part of new media art. The Julia set and Mandlebrot sets can be considered as icons of fractal art.
-- Internet Usage --
Application uses Internet connection to load wallpapers. There are a lot of them so they could not be provided with the application.
-- Feedback --
If you have any suggested features or improvements please leave a comment.
-- Ads --
There are ads in this app. Backgrounds for this app are stored on the Internet and this costs money.
Application is free, it does not promote paid version of this app, the only way to support future development is to include ads.
Please treat that with understanding.
-- Permissions --
* INTERNET, ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - required to load wallpapers from internet
* SET_WALLPAPER - required to change wallpaper image
* WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - application uses SD card for background caching, that saves network bandwidth and battery.
* RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED - required for automatic check for new backgrounds/wallpapers
-- Note --
Application provides upload functionality to users, some of images are uploaded by users.
Tags: fractal software