GoldHunt Free (Geocaching)
by: lemval • 61
- a Twitter account (optionally, see below)
- a Geocaching account (premium, see below)
GoldHunt helps you to find new caches in your area and allows you to get on the road for gold, silver and bronze. Not only useful for the hunters of prices, but also for the active geocacher, this application will show all newly published caches from Twitter (Dutch*), your mail notifications and/or directly from the website.
This application works with Geocaching.com to search new caches (Premium only!) and load cache information. Authentication is safe (OAuth), so no password information is known by this application.
Basic members of this site can see distance, location and details of a cache, but can only load full details of three caches a day (description, waypoints, images). Also, information about premium caches is very limited.
Via notifications you'll be alerted about new caches (Premium only and for the free version only on events). The interval for checking is configurable, although short intervals have drainage consequences.
The application offers creation of profiles with which the cache list can be filtered on distance from a certain location, type, difficulty, etc. There is an active profile for the list view as well as an active profile for alerting.
* Note! For Basic members this application can only rely on messages on Twitter in Dutch, based on reviewers in Belgium and the Netherlands. As soon as these tweets cease to exist, the application cannot function anymore. Currently some reviewers already stopped publishing to Twitter.
Any information on public publications of caches is appreciated.
- Check directly on Geocaching.com for new caches (optional; Premium GC service) - even en route
- Poll mail account for configured notifications on GC (optional; Premium GC service)
- Search Twitter.com for new cache publications (optional; Dutch only)
- Filters for viewing, notification and searching
- Show cache details with description, hint, images, attributes, etc.
- Show cache photos with EXIF information
- Navigation to the waypoints of the cache
* If you are not a Geocaching.com Premium Member, this application will offer very limited functionality, unless you're looking for caches in the Netherlands and Belgium.
* Only Premium Members can make use of the online search of new caches.
* Mail polling feature requires specifying notifications on GC.com. Useful when sharing.
This free version is limited in the following ways:
* Of every seven items, the first one is hidden by an advertisement.
* Notification is limited to events.
* Only a single configurable profile.
* Caches aren't clickable in the map.
Crash reports are considered to be solved in the release following the moment it was reported. If not, please contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org or start a discussion on the forum (http://goldhunt.freeforums.net/).
Thanks for: OpenStreetMap, Groundspeak API, open source libraries Crouton, Gson, JSoup, OsmDroid, SignPost, Slf4j, graphics from Icons8 (http://icons8.com), Sekkyumu, MapIcons, PSDgraphics, Oxygen Team and the reviewers.