by: Lamina Design • 96
PhotoViva could be the last of a myriad of photo editors that have landed on Android Market over the past months. In fact, it's a luck that it's the last indeed, because it has learnt a lot from its predecessors. Let's try to figure out why:
An extremely easy interface. There just a few buttons shown at once, included the almighty undo and redo buttons who soon will become your best friends. Have in mind that you always work on a copy of the original pic and you can save multiple times the edited one, so try to be creative beyond giving your pics that so-in-vogue Instagram-like look, because there's where the true nature of this app relies: a wide array of brushes and a clone pad can make little creative miracles on the go. In addition, some features we may be used to have been improved in a subtle way; have HDR as an example, which has been added a slidebar to avoid that HDR-like look all HDR pics look like. Everything, absolutely everything has real time preliminary previews. This means that it's time for you to play, play, play and have fun, fun, fun.
There aren't sharing options per se, but edited pics are saved in a different folder, from where they can be shared via your own user interface. It works with HD images as long as your device is able to deal with them. We would ask for even more editing options, though it may be too much asking and perhaps it would play against the easy-to-use nature of the app.
As any well-to-do app, there aren't either ads or annoying plug ins or whatsoever. You get a complete app because you paid a complete app. If you are into taking pics and you don't want to arrive home to edit them; if you want just one and only app to edit images and don't want to rack your brains with complex interfaces, here's PhotoViva. And I like that we have found something useful in a category where I didn't expect anything valuable to be found, at least in the near future.
Lastly, don't forget to check this awesome step by step online guide (here) and, even though it's quite unfair, to test the "autopaint" feature.
Tags: aplicaciones de paint samsubg , chayanne mcghie
by Peter , Appszoom
Apr 02, 2013
Please watch the video at http://PhotoVivaApp.com.
NOTE: Samsung Galaxy III users, please upgrade to android version 4.1.2
NOTE: If there are any bugs/crashes, contact me directly and I'll try to fix it!
"Best App I Have Out Of dozens."
"Unglaublich, was diese App kann! Einfach zu bedienen, sehr umfangreich und heraus kommen wahre Kunstwerke. Toll! "
"Muy buena app Muy buena app, es diferente al resto y no presenta fallos"
"Fantastic! - Amazing flexibility and quality."
"Mind-Blowing unique painterly effects."
"I love this app!!!!"
"Unique effects. - Surprising amounts of app depth."
"This is crap, throw away my money!!!!!!"
"...truly a hidden treasure."
"Absolutely awesome, will use this a lot!"
"Wow! - Didn't expected so much from an iPhone drawing app."
PhotoViva is a powerful application for photo editing and freeform painting. It can help you transform your pictures into expressive and colorful works of art.
In addition to tools for enhancing your photos, there are paint brushes that let you make abstract painted interpretations of photos. You can select a brush and copy image features by cloning or painting. Brushes can track the direction of movement, or you can set the brush direction. You can also change the hue, saturation and blur of brush strokes as you go.
• Use large brush strokes to fill the canvas, then use smaller brush strokes to reveal detail
• Use Brushes in "Copy" mode instead of "Paint" mode to copy the source image to the canvas
• Use Tools->Blend undo.. to vary the density of your most recent change to the canvas
• Use the Airbrush in "Copy" mode to blend the image directly to the canvas after painting with brush strokes
• Try clearing to White, Black or Cream using the Fill menu before painting
• Add color noise to brush strokes to make a lively variation in the color
• Use less or no color noise when painting on skin tones
• Use the HDR correction feature on images that have people in the shadows
The maximum output image size is based on the CPU and graphics capabilities of your iOS device.
• Zoom and pan your canvas to do detailed work
• Image cropping
• 10 levels of undo and redo
• Camera support for devices with cameras
• Gallery of sample images provided
• High Dynamic Range (HDR) correction
• RGB adjustment
• Shadows, midtones, and brightness control
• Saturation and Sharpening
• Autopaint mode
• Hue adjustment
• Add noise function
• Blend functions
• Fill to white, black or cream
• Fill frame, outline or center
• Fill to current color
• Liquify your image
• 20 brushes are provided
• Set the angle or let the brushes track your touch
• Brushes paint or copy
• Brush size and color can be varied
• Edit colors or pick colors from the canvas
• An image can be used as a source of color
• Adjust brightness, blur, saturation and hue on the fly
• Current canvas can be used as a source of image color
• Noise can be added to the color to vary the paint strokes