by: GordonEdwards.net LLC • 170.6K
First, as developers warns, take in account that the audio is provided by volunteers using real scanner radios. If your area is not available, see the menu in the app for information on how to get it added.
By tapping on "Near me" (GPS connected) it will scan and find those radio repeaters that are around you. But anyway, you can listen to in streaming radios from around the world. There's a browser to search by area, by genre, by source, custom scanners and configured alerts. This last notify you when lots of people are listening to a scanner, because that means that something is happening over there. You can mark as favorite those radio stations that you most like or check the Top 50 radio scanners out. There's also a chat room from scanner radio users, but downloading a plug-in is required.
Scanner Radio has been developed by Gordon Edwards. This is his only app (plus, the pro version and the plug-in), but it has been well received for Android users regarding amount of downloads and rating.
If you don't want to miss what's going on the radio waves, this is your app. Truly recommendable.
Tags: scanner radio , scannerradio , radio scanner , scanner , radio , scaner radio , andoid app, scanner radio
by Manu , Appszoom
Aug 12, 2014
Listen to live audio from over 6,300 police and fire scanners and amateur radio repeaters from around the world (primarily in the United States, Canada, and Australia, with more being added daily).
• View scanners that are located nearest you, sorted by distance.
• View the top 50 scanners that have the most listeners (updated every 5 minutes).
• View list of scanners added most recently (new additions are being added all the time).
• Add scanners you listen to the most to your Favorites list for quick access.
• Browse the directory of scanners by location or genre (public safety, air traffic, railroad, etc).
• Enable notifications to be notified when lots of people (such as over 3500, for example) are listening to any scanner (indicating that something big is happening). You can also be notified when scanners located near you (or specific scanners of your choosing) have more than a certain number of listeners and when new scanners are added.
• Add Scanner Radio widgets and shortcuts to your home screen for quick access (app cannot be installed on SD card to access them).
• Add a "Scanner Radio Favorite" shortcut to your home screen to launch a scanner feed via an alarm clock app or automation app.
• Listen to Broadcastify.com's audio archives to listen to audio that's been archived over the past 6 months Note: You *must* have an account on Broadcastify.com and purchase their "Premium Membership" ($15 for 6 months) in order to access their archives using the app.
• Supports Android Auto.
• Locale/Tasker can be used to launch the app and have one of your Favorites automatically begin playing based on one or more conditions or have the app stop playing. One use for this feature is to have a scanner feed begin playing when your phone connects to a specific Bluetooth device and then have it stop when the connection to that Bluetooth device is no longer present.
This is the free version of the app, below are the benefits of purchasing the Pro version (for only $2.99):
• No ads.
• Access to all 6 theme colors (requires Android 5.x and later).
• Ability to record the audio.
• The play button at the top of the directory screens and on the widgets can be used to start listening.
The audio is provided by volunteers (primarily for Broadcastify.com) using real scanner radios.
If you need assistance, please go to http://support.gordonedwards.net/
Explanation of why a couple of permissions are needed:
• The "Location" permission is required so that the app can determine what scanners are located in your area when you select "Nearby Scanners". When you select "Nearby Scanners" the app first attempts to determine your location via the network, if that fails the app then tries to determine your location via GPS.
• The "Photos/Media/Files" / "modify or delete the contents of your USB storage" permission is required in order for the app to support the ability for you to record the audio you're hearing and be able to save it to a location that you can access from your computer (requires Scanner Radio Pro to be installed or for you to be using Scanner Radio Pro).