by: Coding Caveman • 3.3K
Solo is an emulator but not a substitute of an guitar, and that's something that has to be quite cleared. The chords are defined and set in buttons and you may switch easy from one to another. The sound is quite good as well as the screentouch, and that's what makes it so interesting. You won't learn how to play with this app, but if you're a beginner you will get used to each chords sounds. If you already know how to play is an interesting tool to easily get some new ideas.
It has a huge chord library (which is the same than in the full version). You can create and load custom chords layouts. There are lots of settings to customize your playing style: for example, you can set the chords you want to have in the grid of buttons.
Besides the acoustic guitar included on the demo, the paid version includes also classical guitar, acoustic, and electric guitar. This full version lets you play along to any music loaded on your phone, and includes other extra features as chords and lyrics from the web.
Guitar has been developed by Coding Caveman, an emerging developer who has just launched the free and the paid version of this app. It has a promising future since this one is really well developed.
As we said, trying to play guitar in a phone or a tablet has a two obvious catches: the screensize and the screentouch. However, this app has been thought to be useful even with those limitations. It's not a substitute of a guitar, it's a complementary tool. And its highly recommendable.
Tags: solo , solo для , solo in , solo androdi , guitar solo 1.32 for pc , solo full version vnzoom , solo для андройд , solo chords , solo v1.28
by Manu , Appszoom
May 24, 2011
UPDATE: The original Solo has been replaced by Solo 2. However, many previous customers who already bought it had trouble finding Solo again in the Play Store, so I decided to re-publish it.
Solo has been Android's most popular pocket guitar for many years running and continues to bring the joys of this fine instrument to the masses. With Solo you can play to your favourite songs, or create some of your own. It's ideal for jamming sessions when you don't have your guitar with you, or an excellent reference for when you do!
* Classical guitar, acoustic guitar and electric guitars, each with authentic sound
* A huge chord library with chord diagrams - hear and see how each chord is played.
* Create your own chords
* Play along to any music loaded on your phone
* Record what you play
* Get chord and lyric overlays from the web - excellent for teaching yourself new songs to play (this feature is provided via a free add-on app)
* Play with a capo to fit your vocal range
* Create, load and save chord layouts for your favourite songs
* Customize the UI to fit your playing style
* Uses Immersion’s MOTIV haptic effects for advanced haptic feedback