by: HMRC • 2.3K
With the HMRC app, it’s quick and easy to:
- view your tax credit payment schedule
- view your tax code, tax estimate, income and state benefits
- work out take home pay, income tax and national insurance with our tax calculator
- get 6 digit access codes to add extra security to your HMRC accounts
- track forms and letters you’ve sent us
- renew your tax credits
The tax calculator and access codes are available to everyone, but you’ll need to sign in to your Government Gateway account to see your personal tax information. If you don’t have an account, you can set one up in the app using your name, National Insurance number and date of birth. If we need to verify your identity, we’ll ask for details like your passport number and information about your salary.
You can sign in with your personal tax account, but not as a business or agent. You can’t use the app to submit your Self Assessment tax return - you’ll still need to sign in online to do that.
If you’re having problems with your account that you can’t solve online, visit www.gov.uk/hmrc and search ‘contact’ to find the relevant helpline.
Tags: hmrc tax calc , paye tax 810l