Vivino Wine Scanner
by: Vivino • 92.9K
Diogenes once said, "What I like to drink most is wine that belongs to others." While this may be true for most of us, there's also great appeal in being able to navigate your own way through a wine list at a restaurant, or at least through the fun aisles of the grocery store. Given the practically infinite variety of bottles, however, how is one supposed to make informed decisions without resorting to the house red? Enter Vivino, which serves at once as the Wikipedia and Facebook of wines.
Use Vivino to take a clear photo of the label on the bottle in front of you, and its scanning mechanism will identify the bottle and pull up a wealth of useful, relevant information from its indices. It's the sort of trick you don't quite believe until you try it for yourself - I haven't been able to stump it yet. Vivino's had a detailed report for every single wine I've scanned, which includes an average rating according to other users, average price point, where I can find this wine for purchase in my area, information about the winery, and serving tips with food. You can even read tasting notes written by other users, offering observations as specific as "grass, white flowers, peach on the nose" and "notes of dried red berries, hints of saddle leather and cigar box."
When you open a wine for tasting, you can mark the time and place on the app, then add your own ranking and tasting notes as you enjoy. These can be shared with the Vivino community at large, or kept to yourself as a private wine journal. Rank enough wines and the app will start to give you recommendations based on your personal taste.
The design is clean, and navigation is intuitive.
Pop the cork on the world of the fermented grape. Vivino is a must-have app for wine lovers looking to keep track of what they've tried.
Tags: vivino , ounv , vivino wine scanner , vivino for tablets , vivino beta downlaod , vivino wine scanner update crashes , vivino scan tool suisse , how to add grape to vivino , how to add the grape type in vivino
by Janel , Appszoom
Oct 10, 2013
Vivino makes shopping for wine simple and easy. No more guessing if a wine is right for you, Vivino gives you personalized wine recommendations that change to suit your tastes.
With 23 million users, Vivino is the world’s largest wine community and most downloaded wine app, making wine discovery fun, accessible, and easy to understand for wine drinkers of every level.
HOW IT WORKS
• Take a photo of any wine label or restaurant wine list or search by wine
• Instantly see wine ratings, reviews, average price, tasting notes and food pairings
• Tap the green buy button to have it shipped to your door
• Add your own reviews and ratings
• Easily keep track of wines you like and discover new recommendations
• Save the bottles you purchase so you always know what’s in your cellar
• Never pick another bad bottle of wine again!
“Once again, Vivino reigns supreme. Their label-recognition algorithm is by far the best on the market.” - JancisRobinson.com
• 23 million users
• World’s largest wine library with 10 million wines
• 300,000 wines scanned daily on average
• 250 million wine labels scanned to date
• 209,000 wineries featured
• Vivino Marketplace: Personalized wine recomendations bringing you the best wines based on your prefrences. You'll never drink another bad wine again!
• Crowdsourced Ratings & Reviews: Leverage reviews and ratings from the world’s largest community of wine drinkers to always select the best wine
• Quick Compare: Pick the best wine right at the shelf by scanning multiple wine labels to instantly view ratings, region, price and food pairings all on one page
• Wine Buying Made Easy: Conveniently buy wine directly from your phone via thousands of online merchant sites or through the Vivino app directly
• Taste Profile: Track and organize your scanned and rated wines to determine your personal taste profile, discover new wines and see how you rank against friends and the Vivino community
• Vivino Premium: Unlock exclusive features such as custom-tailored wine buying guides, up-to-date wine prices and expert reviews
Vivino has a team of 80 in the USA, Denmark, Italy, UK, Netherlands, Germany, India, Ukraine and Spain.