by: Ruval Enterprises • 767
Ever wondered how fit you are (but didn't know who to ask)?
This app can help you.
All you need is
- a pair of running shoes
- a flat 20 meter running pitch
- a modicum of enthusiasm
- this app
Note: Just in case you are wondering, this is NOT a GPS-enabled app; rather, it's a timer app that let's you easily conduct the beep test.
The app is simple, non-intrusive and highly accurate. There are no ads, no tracking, no spl. permissions. It
- prompts you with beeps (or ringtones that you select)
- displays seconds to beep
- displays seconds to next level
- displays distance covered so far (incl. shuttles) and time elapsed
- allows for a 15m or 20m lap
- offers an autostop feature
When you are done, the app will estimate
- calorie consumption
... that will
- give you bragging rights (hopefully)
- allow you to compare your fitness to that of the general population
- allow you to chart your progress
Caution : Some side effects have been noticed
- Runner's high. You will find yourself smiling far too much
- Fitter. Regularly done, you will be able to 'run up those stairs'
- Leaner. Darn, gotta buy smaller jeans!
Want more? Want to express appreciation? Get the pro version, which offers:
- Level & Shuttle voice cues
- Sophisticated group testing options
- Save, graph, export results
- And more
Also from this author: Yo-Yo Intermittent Test, Pacer Test
Tags: beep , beep test trainer , beep test trainer screenshots