by: HIF • 54
Tap. Snap. Claim. Easy!
Welcome to SmartClaim from HIF, the Health Insurance Fund of Australia. SmartClaim is HIF's free and easy-to-use mobile claiming app that makes it simpler than ever to fast-track ancillary health insurance claims.
With SmartClaim, you can make an ancillary health claim wherever you are, whenever you like. It’s as simple as:
1. TAP IN YOUR DETAILS - Type your personal HIF membership information and claim details directly into SmartClaim.
2. SNAP YOUR RECEIPTS - Use your smartphone's in-built camera to snap photos of your invoices, then HIF's SmartClaim app will cleverly bundle them up for you, ready to submit with your claim details.
3. SUBMIT YOUR CLAIM - Click the 'Submit' button within the app to complete your claim; then HIF will take care of the rest, reimbursing your money ASAP.
You can use SmartClaim to claim for any of HIF's broad range of covered ancillary services including acupuncture, chiro, dental, naturopathy, optical, osteopathy, pharmaceuticals, physio, podiatry consultations and more (depending on your level of HIF ancillary cover).
You can still submit an ancillary claim to HIF by email, mail, fax, or in person if you like; but with SmartClaim at your fingertips, why would you? It’s free, it fast-tracks your claim and it reduces paper waste.
HIF's SmartClaim puts the power to claim in the palm of your hand. However, please bear in mind that:
1. A maximum of four items can be claimed per SmartClaim
2. A maximum of $700 (total service fee value) can be claimed per day;
3. The ‘Date of Service’ must be less than two years prior to the date on the invoice(s) you are claiming;
4. You must retain all relevant invoices/receipts for two years from the date you lodge each new SmartClaim;
5. HIF reserves the right to select claims at random for auditing purposes.