The Wave - Gabrielle Roth
by: Sounds True Inc • 0
From the pages of Shape and Elle to the Utne Reader and New York magazine, Gabrielle Roth has been in the spotlight for her revolutionary approach to dance as an ecstatic practice that anyone can do. At packed workshops and retreats across North America and Europe, people who never thought they could dance are having a high-energy experience that frees the body and inspires the creative spirit. With The Wave app, you will discover a moving meditation based on five universal rhythms that flow through our lives.
Gabrielle teaches that each of these rhythms has the capacity to teach, catalyze, and even heal. As we join Gabrielle and her dancers (all nonprofessionals), we learn to improvise our own unique dance forms using every part of the body, from the inside out, as we explore:
- How to integrate dance and spiritual practice to deepen awareness and ignite creativity and energy
- An intimate communion with your body’s wisdom through movement
- A complete dance workout you’ll return to time and again
"There is a dance that only you know how to do," Gabrielle says. The Wave app makes it fun to experience the ecstasy of your body in motion, with some of the most irresistible high-energy dance music you’ll ever hear.
The Wave app features:
- Gabrielle Roth’s revolutionary system of ecstatic dance (35 minutes of video)
- The podcast transcription of “Dancing with Cancer,” an in-depth conversation with Gabrielle Roth about the healing potential of ecstatic dance
- A Good Minute—video selections that offer concentrated wisdom to inspire you anytime
- Bookmarking to help you easily find your favorite content
About the Author
Gabrielle Roth is a bestselling author, movement innovator, and music/theater director. Her workshops and retreats join the currents of world music and theater with the ancient pulse of shamanism. The work of Gabrielle Roth has been featured in Yoga Journal, Self, Science of Mind, Shape, Elle, and many others. Her books include Maps to Ecstasy and Sweat Your Prayers.