by: Sounds True Inc • 0
Most of us enjoy walking, but not everyone knows how to turn this simple activity into one of the most powerful self-healing tools known to medicine. With the Walking app, Dr. Andrew Weil joins Mark Fenton, the nation’s foremost expert on fitness walking, for an invigorating program that gives you the foundation for a daily walking practice. Learn the proven ways walking fosters health, from stress reduction to improved immune function and much more, and then get walking with a fully programmable workout that includes drumbeat cadence cues for each track. Highlights include:
- Two warm-up stretching routines, plus a gentle stroll and breathing tips to get you going
- Health walking: find your natural heel-to-toe roll at 120 steps per minute
- Weight-loss walking: burn up to 350 calories an hour when you up the pace to 135 steps per minute
- Aerobic walking: maximize cardiovascular benefits at 150 steps per minute
Whether you’re a seasoned walking enthusiast looking for an edge or taking your first steps toward a healthier tomorrow, with the Walking app, you can put your best foot forward to make the most of this enjoyable and life-changing exercise.
The Walking app features:
- A take-anywhere walking workout to set the pace for optimum health (2 hours, 20 minutes of audio)
- A photo-illustrated study guide to help deepen your understanding, detailing essential stretches, proper posture, supplementary exercises, and more
- A Good Minute—video selections that offer concentrated wisdom to inspire you any time
- A relaxing slide show
- An interactive vine garden to enjoy while listening (iPad only)
- Bookmarking to help you easily find your favorite content
About the Authors
Andrew Weil, MD, is a world-renowned leader and pioneer in the field of integrative medicine. He is internationally recognized for his views on leading a healthy lifestyle, healthy aging, and the future of medicine and healthcare. His nationally bestselling books include Spontaneous Healing, Healthy Aging, and Spontaneous Happiness.
Mark Fenton is the internationally recognized host of PBS's America's Walking. A former U.S. national racewalking champion and editor-at-large of Walking magazine, he is the author of The Complete Guide to Walking for Health, Weight Loss, and Fitness.