WebMD for Android
by: WebMD, LLC • 59.6K
Physician-reviewed content means you can be sure you're receiving accurate and up-to-date health advice with WedMD. While it can't replace a visit to a health professional, the symptom checker and first aid advice is a great starting point.
My Habits encourages healthy eating and regular exercise; tracking of glucose, weight and other variables is possible too. You can view medication reminders on Apple Watch, and the database of drugs is impressive too. There are plenty of sources referenced beneath information for further reading. The first aid tips include everything from snake bites to resuscitation.
It's aimed at US consumers, so you can't find local chemists or hospitals outside of America. Some conditions aren't included, even though corresponding medication is.
Tags: webmd , web md , webmd 3.1 apk , charlene maggrah , apps 4.0 ice cream sandwich for medscape webmd , webmd health information , webmd pro , webmd application , webmd com
Jun 04, 2015
24/7 access to health information and decision-support tools.
WebMD for Android helps you with your decision-making and health improvement efforts by providing mobile access 24/7 to mobile-optimized health information and decision-support tools including WebMD’s Symptom Checker, Drugs & Treatments, First Aid Information and Local Health Listings. WebMD the App also gives you access to first aid information without having to be connected wirelessly – critical if you don’t have Internet access in the time of need.
• WebMD Symptom Checker – Select the part of the body that is troubling you, choose your symptoms, & learn about potential conditions or issues.
• Conditions – Find medically reviewed information about Conditions relevant to you & learn more about causes, treatments, & related symptoms.
• Drugs & Treatments – Search our extensive database for information on Drugs, Supplements, & Vitamins. Access content such as Uses, Side Effects, Warnings, and more.
• Pill Identification Tool – Identify your prescription drugs and over the counter medicines by pill shape, color, & imprint.
• First Aid Essentials – Your handy guide for medical emergencies. From insect stings to broken bones, helpful treatment tips are always available, even without an Internet connection.
• Local Health Listings – Find the closest physician, hospital, & pharmacy based on your current location or search by city, state or zip.
• Create custom lists of Drugs, Conditions, and Articles
• Save custom lists securely
• Review your saved information anytime and anywhere
• Native Voice Search Functionality – Search WebMD with their voice for a condition, drug, treatment or first aid topic.
• Maps – View local health listings & individual Physician, Hospital, & Pharmacy locations in a map view.
• Get Directions – Enter your primary address once in app settings and get one click directions.
• Email Friends – Send your friends medically reviewed content covering First Aid, Conditions, & Drugs.
• Email Me – Quickly send yourself content with one click. Simply save your email address in app settings.
• Content Updates – Timely content is updated automatically.
• Tour – Swipe through a quick visual tour of key features and navigation.
WebMD Health Corp. (Nasdaq: WBMD) is the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers, and health plans through our public and private online portals, mobile platforms and health-focused publications. More than 95 million unique visitors access the WebMD Health Network each month.
The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD Health, Medscape, MedicineNet, emedicineHealth, RxList, theheart.org, drugs.com and Medscape Education.
SOURCE WebMD Health Corp.
WebMD. Better Information. Better Health.
WebMD does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on the WebMD mobile application.