Buddhism - Jack Kornfield
by: Sounds True Inc • 1
What is Buddhism? How is it practiced? Can it help you today? With a rich history stretching back over 2,500 years, Buddhism has been described both as a system of psychology and a philosophy for living. Yet most of us think of it as a religion. With the Buddhism: A Beginner's Guide to Inner Peace and Fulfillment app, author and teacher Jack Kornfield immerses you in this time-honored approach to living fully and compassionately in the present moment. Join him as he illuminates Buddhism's most essential teachings and how they make it possible to overcome the mental states—such as fear, selfishness, confusion, and anger—that challenge us every day.
Learn More About:
- The “lion’s roar” of the Four Noble Truths
- The story of how Siddhartha attained enlightenment under the Bodhi Tree
- The real treasure of the Eightfold Path
- Dharma: The Laws of Life
- Buddhist meditation practices and mindfulness teachings to get you started
Complete with two introductory meditations, The Buddhism: A Beginner's Guide to Inner Peace and Fulfillment app is your invitation to open your heart and clear your mind through this timeless wisdom path.
The Beginner's Guide to Buddhism app features:
- The essentials of Buddhism illuminated by Jack Kornfield (1 hour, 13 minutes of audio)
- A relaxing slide show
- An interactive vine garden to enjoy while listening (iPad only)
- Bookmarking to help you easily find your favorite content
- A bonus video with Jack Kornfield
- A Good Minute—video selections that offer concentrated wisdom to inspire you anytime
- Bonus written insights from Jack Kornfield
About the Author
Jack Kornfield, PhD, trained as a Buddhist monk in Thailand, Burma, and India and has taught worldwide since 1974. He is one of the key teachers to introduce Buddhist mindfulness practices to the West. He holds a PhD in clinical psychology and is the cofounder of the Insight Meditation Society and of Spirit Rock Center in Woodacre, California. He has written more than a dozen books including The Wise Heart; A Path With Heart; After the Ecstasy, the Laundry; and A Lamp in the Darkness.