by: Hutchinson Software Pty Ltd • 314
Gardenate is a brilliant tool for helping you stay on top of your planting, particularly if you have a large plot. It has a wide array of information about vegetables, plants and fruits, including best planting conditions, locations, planting season, harvest times, compatible plants, and more.
Simple to navigate, and with lots of features to help you keep track of your own plantings.
Gardenate is very easy and intuitive to navigate by tabbing across the menu items at the top of the screen. Upon launching, you must choose your region, and opt for imperial or metric measurements.
In your 'Wishlist', you can add intended plantings and include notes on where you plan on planting and the date, then set a reminder so you buy and bury your seedlings on time. 'Planting Now' is tells you which species you should be burying now according to your climate.
In 'My Garden' you can track your plantings day to day, record locations, and set a harvest date, and there's also a diary where you can upload photos, make notes, and send documents to print as PDFs.
The planting calendars included are specific to Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, the UK, and the USA only. The full-screen ads which pop up are a bit irritating and inhibitive too.
Tags: /gardenate , gardenate , vegetable png
by Jayne , Appszoom
May 18, 2015
All the information you need to "grow your own" and enjoy your successful vegetable garden. Record your planting information and keep it synced on all your phones!
* Winner of 2012 Northern Inland Innovation Awards Professional Services category
* Recommended in New York Times '10 freshest picks' for gardening apps 2012.
The "Planting Now" calendar lists the vegetables and herbs you can plant every month, and adapts to your preferred planting dates - ideal if you use a greenhouse or cloche.
Use the 'Wish List' to plan your garden and record your seed and seedling purchases ready for planting.
Contains a detailed guide to growing 90+ of the most popular garden vegetables, with local planting information for the USA, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa and the UK.
Plant lists for planning your garden, detailed growing information on plants, and hints and tips from the community at www.gardenate.com.
All the information is on your phone and there is no need for an wifi connection while using the app, except if you choose to sync to your other phones!
* Local planting calendar for 90+ of the most popular garden vegetables, herbs, and soft fruits.
* Wish list for planning your garden and tracking your seed purchases.
* Add your own plants
* Add your own notes to any plants to record the best varieties and successes and failures.
* Use 'My Garden' to track your plantings, with the predicted harvest dates to assist in your garden planning. Add notes and photos.
* General diary notes with photos and Markdown text formatting.
* Print out planting and diary notes or save or email as PDF.
* "Share your garden" will sync your plantings and notes with your other phones and tablets, Android and iOS.
Our app uses the 'Identity' permission to create an account so you can (optionally) share your garden with your other phones and tablets. It doesn't read any other accounts. It uses the 'Photos/Medias/Files' permission so you can take photos in the app and attach them to your notes and planting details. It doesn't access any other files.