by: Sounds True Inc • 1
As anyone who’s tried it knows, meditation looks simple, but at times it can be difficult. With the Guided Meditation app, trusted teacher Jack Kornfield—who stands out as one of the most helpful and encouraging Western instructors for newcomers to the art of meditation—brings you six practices that will serve as your foundation for years to come.
Offering precise guidance through every step of these transformational practices, Kornfield opens the door to the serenity of meditation and introduces you to:
- Basic sitting practice—the essential starting point for nurturing nonjudgmental spaciousness
- The liberating, heart-opening techniques of lovingkindness and forgiveness meditation
- A visualization exercise for overcoming difficulties by making direct contact with the voice of your highest wisdom
- The gratitude and joy meditation, which nourishes an innocent rejoicing in life itself
- “Mind like sky”—a practice to enter “original mind,” the pure space of awareness that is consciousness itself
Since the time of the Buddha, meditation taught under the guidance of an expert has proven to be the easiest and most effective way to begin. Whether you’re just starting out or have decided to reconnect with the ground of your practice, the Guided Meditation app provides concise, gentle training of the heart and mind in this centuries-old art.
The Guided Meditation app features:
- Six guided meditation practices with Jack Kornfield (2 hours, 15 minutes of audio teachings)
- A relaxing slide show
- An interactive vine garden to enjoy while listening (iPad only)
- Bookmarking to help you easily find your favorite content
- Bonus video with Jack Kornfield
- Bonus excerpt from Jack’s book Meditation for Beginners
About the Author
Jack Kornfield, PhD, trained as a Buddhist monk in Thailand, Burma, and India and has taught worldwide since 1974. He is one of the key teachers to introduce Buddhist mindfulness practices to the West. He holds a PhD in clinical psychology and is the cofounder of the Insight Meditation Society and of Spirit Rock Center in Woodacre, California. He has written more than a dozen books including The Wise Heart; A Path With Heart; After the Ecstasy, the Laundry; A Lamp in the Darkness; and more.