Aum Namah Shivaya (Sanskrit Aum Namaḥ Śivāya ॐ नमः शिवाय) is a popular mantra in Hinduism and particularly in Shaivism. Its translation is "adoration (namas) to Śiva", preceded by the mystical syllable "Aum".
It is also called Panchakshara, the "five-syllable" mantra (viz., excluding the Aum). It is part of the Shri Rudram Chamakam, a Hindu prayer taken from the Black Yajurveda, and thus predates the use of Shiva as a proper name, in the original context being an address to Rudra (the later Shiva), where śiva retains its original meaning as an adjective meaning "auspicious, benign, friendly", a euphemistic epithet of Rudra.
Following are the benefits of listening to Devotional Music and Mantras:
* Unveils joy
* Transforms feelings and energy states
* Decreases feelings of isolation and fear
* Inspires and enhances the creative process
* Directs the mind away from physical pain and depression
* Promotes relaxation and contemplative mind states
* Induces sleep
* Remembrance of God and the Divine
Listen to Devotional Music everyday to experience richness of spirit and core spirituality.
- English lyrics
- Devanagari lyrics with zoom-in and zoom-out functionality for better readability
- The high quality vocal sound with flexibility to play, pause or stop anytime
- Set Mantra as Ringtone
- Set the Mantra as an Everyday Alarm
- Repeat mode to play the same mantra continuously.
- The application is installed on SD card by default, hence no overhead on phone memory
- You can share the Mantra with your Family and Friends
- Mantra automatically pauses while you attend a call and resumes when the call ends
- Mantra does not stops even if orientation of device changed
- Screen stay awake if the mantra is playing
- Background mode enabled
Like us on Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/pages/Attitude-Labs-Devotional-Apps/493551660671729
Tags: om namah shivaya sanskrit wallpaper , aum namah shivaya lyrics , om namah shivaya logo , om namah shivaya meaning , om namah shivaya , aum namah shivaya mantra lyrics , om namah shivaya lyrics , ॐ नमः शिवाय 108 times online , om namah shivaya mantra