by: GeeksOnSoftware • 108
Relax Lamp is an application that brings color lights to your phone, perfect for laying on the bed and have a moment of relaxation.
The app includes three types of light combinations: the basic with music and color, the binaural beat and color therapy and finally choosing your own color lamp.
The main disadvantage of Relax Lamp is that the lite version only allows you to use the app for 30 seconds. If you want the complete experience, you will need to purchase the complete version.
GeeksOnSoftware is the developer of Relax Lamp free and premium version. Is it really worth it to spend money on this? It all depends on your levels of stress.
by Ana , Appszoom
Jan 13, 2014
Lie down in your bed, turn down the lights and enjoy a unique color experience, together with a relaxing background sound.
This app can be used as a sleeping aid, to stimulate your mood, as a meditation assistant, a stress reducer or simply as an ambient light.
*** NEW : Binaural Beats ***
We have added a new section that allows you to generate binaural beats combining them with color therapy. You can customize every parameter individually or just the desidered state of mind. Use with headphones only!
WARNING: If you currently have or previously had epilepsy/seizures or heart problems, DO NOT use the Binaural Beats feature!
Combinations are a new way to experience color and music together, trying to recreate exciting natural wonder and memories with your device!
Following combinations are included:
* Candle (candle effect with a nice background sound)
* Dawn (recreate the dawn color sequence)
* Sunset (recreate the sunset color sequence)
* Thunderstorm (Lightning effect generated using the flash of your camera)
* Fire (recreate the fireplace effect)
* Ocean (brings you at the beach)
* Old-Television (constant white-noising with old television noise)
* Forest (recreate the jungle color sequence)
* Fireworks (sparkling colors)
Relax Lamp includes:
* User-defined variable transition speed between colors
* Color-picker (starting color)
* Adaptive Brightness
* Auto-closing timer
* Various sounds to choose from via Sounds selection
Some technical specs:
The color generation algorithm uses the phases between the RGB components, which we express as sinusoidal curves. This allows Relax Lamp to reproduce a fluid and unique color sequence depending on the starting color you choose.
The “Adaptive Brightness” is a unique feature (still in its experimental phase) designed to compensate for different eye sensitivities to certain colors during low-light conditions (scotopic vision). We tried to eliminate the misleading feeling that for some colors, the perceived intensity is far greater compared to others. This lets you enjoy a smoother color experience.
Tested on following devices:
- Samsung Galaxy S3 (Android 4.0)
- HTC Desire (Android 2.2)
- HTC Desire S (Android 2.2)
- HTC Sensation (Android 2.3)
- Asus Eee Pad Transformer (Android 4.0.3)
- Asus Galaxy Tab 2 (Android 4.0)
NOTE: The Internet connection is only used to submit an error report should the application crash unexpectedly. The application does NOT rely on an internet connection in order to work.
If you encounter any problems, rather than simply rate the app with one star, please let us know what’s wrong using the support link. This will help us deliver an even better product. Thank you.