Sleep as Android: Sleep cycle tracker, smart alarm
by: Urbandroid Team • 247.5K
There are coming up heaps of this kind of apps but, first time you discover them you get flabbergasted. There are enough reasons for it. Sleep as an Droid is a high-configurable alarm. You can set lots of them weekly wake-up time, nap alarm, alarm to leave from work. Whatever. There are lots of options to customize it to your liking. Ringtone, vibration, labels, snooze duration, time to auto-kill alarm, gradual volume app... among many others.
One of the features we liked most is the "Smart Early Wake-up" what sets the maximum time before alarm to be wake if sleep is not deep. And you may ask, what that's for? This is because "Sleep as an Droid" isn't just an alarm, but a sleep phases tracker. It works this way: you set an alarm, press on "Start tracking" and leave the phone close to your bed (better in the bed itself). It uses the accelerometer and the micro to catch your moves and sounds while sleeping. This way, the app can set when you're in a light sleep phase or when you're deeply asleep. The keystone of a right sleep is waking-up when you're in the lightest sleep phase (we passed though 4-5 phases while 8-hour sleep). Knowing how long these phases take it's important to achieve it. What's more, having features like "Smart Early Wake-Up" helps us to wake up always in the peak of lightest sleep. You just may set a period from 5 minutes to 2 hours in which you want to wake-up when you reach that peak. The alarm will start to ring when you get it. Impressive!
You can even know your sleep debt stats or share your graph history via Facebook or e-mail. It's time to use technology to enhance our health and lifestyle. The main catch: the free version is a 14-days trial. If you want it with no restrictions, you'll need to upgrade to the Unlock Sleep as an Droid version ($0.99).
Sleep as an Droid has been developed by Petr Nálevka, an individual developer who has launched half dozen (great) apps on the market with remarkably success.
Tags: sleep as , sleep as an droid , sleep as a droid review , sleep as qr , sleepas , sleep as a droid , droid sleep , sleep as smart early wake up , sleep as an droid review
by Emmanuel , Appszoom
Oct 20, 2011
Smart alarm clock with sleep cycle tracking. Wakes you gently in optimal moment for pleasant mornings.
- Sleep cycle tracking with smart wake up uses your phone\'s or wearable sensors (2 weeks trial)
- Sonar: revolutionary contact-less ultrasonic sleep tracking (no need for phone in bed)
- Wearable tracking, supports Pebble, Wear OS, Galaxy Gear, Garmin, Mi Band, FitBit Ionic
- Health services: Google Fit, S Health integration
- Smart bulb control with Philips HUE or others over IFTTT
- Sleep Score: your sleep quality is made up of duration, deficit, deep sleep %, snoring, efficiency, irregularity
- Gentle nature sound alarms (birds, sea, storm...) and playlists
- Nature sound lullabies (whales, storm, sea, chants..) with binaural tones for fast fall asleep
- Spotify and Play Music integration or online radio alarms or lullabies
- Never oversleep again with CAPTCHA wake up verification (Math, Sheep counting, Phone shaking, Bathroom QR code or NFC tag)
- Sleep talk recording, snoring detection and anti-snoring
- Jet lag prevention
- Sleep respiration tracking (Oximetry, Sonar or Sleep Phaser)
More features waiting for you to explore!
Watch our latest smartwatch integration progress and battery consumption chart here
This app uses the Device Administrator permission.
The reason is effective CAPTCHA (a feature to make sure you wake up in the morning) so you cannot avoid alarms by uninstalling the app during an alarm.