St Wulstan and St Edmund
by: Eazi-Apps Ltd • 0
Welcome to the St Wulstan and St Edmund Parish App
#The Diocese of Lancaster was formed from the two Dioceses of Liverpool and Hexham and Newcastle in 1925. St Wulstan's has the distinction of being the first newly set up parish in the Diocese, and its first church was opened on February 7th 1926. The new church was opened on March 4th 1961. St Edmund's which, until it merged with St Wulstan’s in 2010, was an independent parish formed in 1952.
Both parishes flourished during the 'Glory Days' of the Church in the 50s, and many priestly vocations resulted. Time has moved on. Fleetwood is no longer the thriving fishing port it used to be, and the fall in church attendance has mirrored the decline of a once great industry.
In the final report of the recent Diocesan "Fit for Mission?" review, it was proposed that the two parishes would merge to become one, and this happened in September 2010.
Now in 2013 we are pleased to offer our new Parish app.