TMB Virtual is the official app of Transports Metropolitans de Barcelona (TMB), the company that manages the public transport in the city and we must say that we are really impressed with the job developed here.
Through your mobile, you will be able to plan any route by public transport (metro, tram or bus) and know the waiting times in between trains or buses. Also, if you are always complaining about not knowing where the bus and tram stops or metro stations are, don't worry because you get detailed location with the exact distance you have to walk to get to them.
As usual in these kind of apps, TMB Virtual provides real-time and on-location maps via GPS and if you hold your device horizontally the arrows will lead you to the selected spot. You can also download the full metro map in PDF format and get update and last-minute info on bus network incidences. The interface is quite usable and the design, clean and simple, even in when you active the Augmented Reality option which is of them gems hidden in the app.
Tmb Virtual is one of the finest examples of what a public transport app of a great city should be and we accolade TMB for the effort. Targeted to clueless residents and tourists, the app is avaliable in Spanish, English and Catalan (the other language spoken the area).
Tags: tmb virtual , tmb , mobile , como conseguir codigos tmb ibus , total recall full taringa , ibus tmb , tmb virtual taringa , bus turístic virtual , tmb virtual androi
by Mar , Appszoom
Feb 20, 2013
The TMB App is designed to put all the TMB information (Barcelona bus and metro) you need at your fingertips, wherever you are:
- Access all TMB information quickly and easily: look up routes, navigation, nearest public transport, bus due times, operating hours, maps, alerts and everything you need to know for your journeys.
- If you want to enjoy personalized services, log in via your favourite social media.
- Save your favourite means of transport, places and routes to stay informed and speed up your searches from the main screens or use the widgets available on your mobile device.
- Display your favourites when you log onto the TMB website or your JoTMBé account.
- Intuitive accessible browsing thanks to iOS operating system design standards.
- Automatic language setting according to the language you use on your device. You can change language manually as well. There are 6 languages to choose from.
- Set the home screen with the view you use most or set to simple start if you are less familiar with new technology.
- Select the alerts you want to receive to stay informed of disruptions to bus and metro services, new developments in public transport and exclusive special offers for leisure and cultural activities in Barcelona.
- Contact Customer Services to clarify online procedures and queries.
- You can use widgets in the iPhone control centre. Consult bus due times instantly, the status of public transport and do quick searches to get about using your regular routes (in the widget menu once the app is installed).