Vivino: Buy the Right Wine
by: Vivino • 104.2K
Diogenes once said, "What I like to drink most is wine that belongs to others." While this may be true for most of us, there's also great appeal in being able to navigate your own way through a wine list at a restaurant, or at least through the fun aisles of the grocery store. Given the practically infinite variety of bottles, however, how is one supposed to make informed decisions without resorting to the house red? Enter Vivino, which serves at once as the Wikipedia and Facebook of wines.
Use Vivino to take a clear photo of the label on the bottle in front of you, and its scanning mechanism will identify the bottle and pull up a wealth of useful, relevant information from its indices. It's the sort of trick you don't quite believe until you try it for yourself - I haven't been able to stump it yet. Vivino's had a detailed report for every single wine I've scanned, which includes an average rating according to other users, average price point, where I can find this wine for purchase in my area, information about the winery, and serving tips with food. You can even read tasting notes written by other users, offering observations as specific as "grass, white flowers, peach on the nose" and "notes of dried red berries, hints of saddle leather and cigar box."
When you open a wine for tasting, you can mark the time and place on the app, then add your own ranking and tasting notes as you enjoy. These can be shared with the Vivino community at large, or kept to yourself as a private wine journal. Rank enough wines and the app will start to give you recommendations based on your personal taste.
The design is clean, and navigation is intuitive.
Pop the cork on the world of the fermented grape. Vivino is a must-have app for wine lovers looking to keep track of what they've tried.
Tags: vivino , vivino for tablets , vivino wine scanner , vivino wine scanner update crashes , vivino beta downlaod , vivino, , samsung notes charge , vivinofree , vivino droid
by Janel , Appszoom
Oct 10, 2013
With 30 million users, Vivino is the world’s largest wine community and the ultimate destination for discovering and buying wines.
HOW IT WORKS
• Scan: Take a photo of any wine label or restaurant wine list or search by wine
• Learn: Instantly see detailed information about the wine and all available purchasing options
• Review: Community powered wine ratings, reviews, average price, food pairings and more provided on every wine
• Buy: To purchase, tap the green buy button and have it shipped to your door - always buy the right wine
• Rate: Add your own ratings and reviews to build your wine profile and enhance your personalized recommendations
• Track: Easily keep track of wines you have tried, including personal rating, notes and date consumed
• Store: Free cellar tracking to always know what wine you have on hand in your collection
• 30 million users
• World’s largest wine library with 9.2 million wines
• 2 million wines viewed daily on average
• 560 million wine labels scanned to date
• 200,000 wineries featured
• Wine Buying Made Easy: Vivino is the ultimate online destination for all your wine buying needs - the largest wine selection, personalized wine recommendations, free shipping options and honest community ratings and review.
• Crowdsourced Ratings & Reviews: Leverage reviews and ratings from the world’s largest community of wine drinkers to always select the best wine.
• Restaurant Wine List Scanner: Always select the best wine from any restaurant wine list menu.
• Quick Compare: Pick the best wine right at the shelf by scanning multiple wine labels to instantly view ratings, region, price and food pairings all on one page.
• Taste Profile: Track and organize your scanned and rated wines to determine your personal taste profile, discover new wines and see how you rank against friends and the Vivino community.