by: pahans • 200
Wadan Sewuma is a English to Sinhala dictinary look-up app for android.
*capture a english word by a camera snapshot do the sinhala dictionary look-up for it.
*Tap on speaker button to listen to the pronunciation
This Uses Tesseract 3.01 open source OCR engine to find text in images
******* HOW TO USE *********
* use the resizable view finder to frame the desired word through camera. Tap on shutter button
* recognized text will display in the next screen. do necessary adjustments and word definition will appear.
* to get the word definition you must be connected to internet.
* turn on Continuous preview mode for real time Optical Character Recognition.
** important for maximum recognition accuracy **
- Various factors can cause the OCR to fail: uneven illumination, stylized text, or text without enough contrast from the background. Try to have good lighting.
- Hold the device steady, and be sure the picture is in focus.
-Hold the device horizontally
**** TO DO ******
* paragraphs, phrases translation
* improve on acuracy
* add more languages
* improve on native andriod font rendering
**** COMPLAINS AND FEEDBACK ****
please be kind enough to give feedback or complain before rating the app as one star.
use the email developer on google play or contact me trough pahan123 at gmail com
* based on a open source project by Robert Theis (android port for tesseract)
special thanks to Lishan Puwakovita for graphic designing and Arunoda Susiripala for AkuruLK sinhala font rendering.
Tags: padi wadan , sinhala padi wadan , sinhala wadan , sinhala wadan photos , wadan , tesseract , sinhala wadan photo , picture sms sinhala to my phone , sinhala wadan potos