Hispaniola Topo Maps Pro
by: ATLOGIS Geoinformatics GmbH & Co. KG • 11
US Topo Maps helps you take trips to the backcountry of the US, whether you’re an experienced outdoorsman or just someone looking to see what gems lie nearby your city. This app works by providing aerial images and topographic maps of almost anywhere in the U.S. You can also create and edit your waypoints to get around faster. US Topo Maps also features a handy GPS compass that shows you which way you’re facing or headed, right down to your exact GPS coordinates.
US Topo Maps may seem to have an overly complicated interface, but once you get up and running, you’ll find it’s quite easy to use. This app supports community-created and edited OSM, or Open Street Maps, and Google Maps. It’s also free to try out.
The free version of US Topo Maps features flashing advertisements, which quickly become quite annoying. You can’t download or load offline maps in the free version.
Tags: topo maps , mapas topograficas gps garmin republica dominicana , maps militares gratis de españa original , carte topographique republique dominicaine , mapas topograficos españa 2013 , dominican republic topographic map , aplicaciones navegacion con mapas topograficos , military topographic maps , carte topografiche di una città
Dec 14, 2015
Topographic maps 1:50.000 for Dominican Republic and Haiti
Easy to use outdoor and offline navigation app with 1:50.000 seamless topographic maps of Hispaniola island.
Use this navigation app for outdoor activities like hiking, biking, camping, climbing, riding, canoeing or offroad 4WD tours.
This app gives you similar mapping options as you might know from Garmin or Magellan GPS handhelds.
Main features for outdoor-navigation:
• Free bulk-download of map tiles for OFFLINE USAGE (not for Google and Bing maps)
• Create and edit Waypoints
• Create and edit Routes
• Route-Navigation (Point-to-Point Navigation)
• Track Recording (with speed, elevation and accuracy profile)
• Tripmaster with fields for odometer, average speed, bearing, elevation, etc.
• GPX/KML/KMZ - Import/Export
• Search (placenames, POIs, streets)
• Customizable datafields in Map View and Tripmaster (e.g. Speed, Distance, Compass, ...)
• Share Waypoints, Tracks or Routes (via eMail, Facebook, ..)
• See your location with UTM coordinates
• Tablet optimized layouts
• and many more ...
Available map layers:
• Topographic maps 1:50.000 and 1:250.000 with seamless coverage for complete Hispaniola Island (Dominican Republic and Haiti).
• Google Maps (Satellite images, Road- and Terrain-Map)
• Bing Maps (Satellite images, Road-Map)
• Open Street Maps (OSM Mapnik and Cloudemade Cyclemap)
• Hillshading overlay layer for OSM, Google or Bing maps
On the 1:50.000 maps you'll find many small roads, pathes and 4WD tracks that are not included in Google, Bing or OpenStreetMaps. The topo maps have a very detailed topography with contour lines. There is no other online mapping service/app available that gives you more detailed geographic features like rivers, lakes, hills, vegetation, villages, etc. for this region.
The topo maps layer is a seamless mosaic of more than 200 georeferenced maps. Although some of the maps are quite old (production range of the maps is 1966 - 2002) they are still very good for outdoor trips, especially if you are looking adventurous routes or abandoned places. Most maps of the Dominican Republic were created in the late 80ies. Within the app you can open an overview map with the publishing dates of the maps.
In larger cities you'll find it more usefull to switch to Google or OSM maps but in the backcountry you will recognize the relevance of large scale topographic maps.
The 1:250.000 maps are JOGs (Joint Operations Graphic) which represent a medium scale map intended as both a topographic and an aeronautical chart.
Preload FREE map data for areas without cell service.
The topographic maps are enhanced with Atlogis hillshading and placenames.
Original publisher of the 1:50.000 topo maps : United States NGA (National Geospatial-Intelligence), NIMA (National Imagery and Mapping Agency), DMA (Defense Mapping Agency)
Original publisher of the 1:250.000 topo maps: US NGA/NIMA JOG (Joint Operations Graphics)
Please send comments and feature requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
by Sgt Yd
Nov 11, 2015 | "Awesome"
Update the map.