by: KMS ENGINEERING • 56
KMS Speedometer is a HUD-capable digital speedometer for your vehicle. We have designed a simple-to-use User Interface keeping in mind you are going to use the application in your car or truck. All commands are accessible with the least possible click combinations.
##IMPORTANT## - this is the KMS Speedometer Lite version. Search for "KMS Speedometer PRO" to find the PRO version. Alternatively, you can go to MENU key->PRO Version from inside the application, on your phone/tablet.
We know there are many other speedometers but this one aims to give you full customization so you use it the way it is best for you.
- Digital Speedometer. Speed can be configured in: Kilometers per Hour(default), Miles per Hour, Meters Per Seconds.
- Time Stamp display - display the exact time in addition to Speed. If you don't like this, you can disable it from "General Settings".
- HUD(Heads-up display). It allows you to put your phone/tablet on your dashboard and watch the speed directly on your windscreen.
- Spoken OverSpeeding notifications(in free version only 5 times). The application supports City, Road and Motorway mode. You can adjust these three thresholds to the valid speed limits in your country. You have to specify them according to the measure system you have selected for Speed. You can also specify the valid speed threshold(default 5 units). E.g For City Mode, allowed speed 50 and a valid speed threshold of 5, the application notifies for overspeeding only if you go above 50 + 5 = 55.
- THEME support - You have two layouts - DAY and NIGHT. You can customize the font size, font color, font style from the Theme settings.
- THEME auto-switching - if you set to "Auto" mode, the application will change themes automatically depending on the Sunrise and Sunshine.
- Battery level notifications at every 10% - the application speaks to you the battery levels + when the battery is fully charged, it informs you. PLEASE NOTE, that you will get only 5 battery messages in the Free version.
- ##PRO_VERSION## - Auto-disable when LOW Battery - EXPERIMENTAL. This options allows the service to stop if your battery level goes under a specified value(from the Settings). This option is disabled by default, you may start it from the Settings screen. It is experimental, please report any issues.
- Fine (GPS) location - we use the GPS to determine your exact speed. It's the main feature the application is based on.
- Read phone state and identity - this is only needed to set the brightness of the screen from the application(especially for night mode where keeping your eyes less distracted is very important).
- Modify/delete USB storage contents modify/delete SD card contents - we need to store some application data and hence we need the permission.
- Prevent tablet from sleeping prevent phone from sleeping - this is self-explanatory. Nobody wants their phone/tablet to go to sleep while they are driving.
Tags: usb car speedometer for tablet , tablet speedometer inside car , speedo tablet , replace speedometer with tablet , kms , hud capable vehicles , car hud speedometer , user interface ui widgets speedometer play flash , tablet speedometer
by naseem uddin
Feb 10, 2014 | "OK"