ASCVD Risk Estimator Plus
by: American College of Cardiology Foundation • 1.2K
The updated ASCVD Risk Estimator Plus uses recent science and user feedback to help a clinician and patient build a customized plan to prevent heart disease and stroke together by estimating and monitoring change in 10-year ASCVD risk.
Use the app to:
• Estimate a patient’s initial 10-year ASCVD risk using the pooled cohort equation
• Receive an individualized, risk-based, intervention approach
• Project the impact of specific interventions on a patient’s risk
• Guide clinician-patient discussion around customizing an intervention plan
• Update risk at follow-up based on a patient’s response to therapy using the Million Hearts Longitudinal model
Advice from the app is derived from the 2013 2018 ACC/AHA 2013 Guideline on the Treatment of Blood Cholesterol to Reduce ASCVD Risk and the 2016 Million Hearts Longitudinal ASCVD Risk Assessment Tool user guide. The information and recommendations in this app are meant to support clinical decision making. They are not meant to represent the only or best course of care, or replace clinical judgment. Therapeutic options should be determined after discussion between the patient and their care provider.
Tags: ascvd risk estimator , ascvd risk calculator pdf , ascvd risk estimator mobile