by: MobiSystems • 103
Break the language barrier between healthcare professionals and Spanish-speaking patients.
This pocket-sized book contains virtually all health-related terms likely to occur in a conversation between a health worker and a Spanish-speaking patient, including common colloquialisms and slang terms not found in similar dictionaries.
*** Fully Functional 7-Day Trial ***
The Third Edition contains over 20,000 entries and 5,000 new terms have been added. Scanning the fields of medicine, nursing, and dentistry, this essential, pocket-sized book contains virtually every health-related term likely to occur in conversation between a healthcare professional and a Spanish-speaking patient. In addition, you’ll find common colloquialisms and hard-to-find phrases, along with helpful labels that identify terms unique to a specific Latin American country.
Glenn T. Rogers, MD, currently directs a clinic for the underserved located in rural northern California. He attended UC Berkeley, majored in mathematics. He was accepted to the PhD program there, but decided to start a business importing embroidered clothes from Mexico. He perfected his Spanish by spending 3-4 months of the year in Mexico, tending to his import business. After doing some soul searching he decided he wanted to something more important, and applied to medical school. Dr. Rogers was accepted and attended the University of Cincinnati, and did a residency in Internal Medicine at L.A. County+USC. Many of the many patients were Spanish-speaking only, and again he was able to work on his medical Spanish. The first edition of his best selling dictionary was authored and published during his residency. DR. Rogers later worked in the ER for 3 years at LAC+USC, then private practice in Bakersfield for 2 years.
The MSDict Dictionary Format
The English-Spanish/Spanish-English Medical Dictionary is here presented in MSDict electronic format. MSDict offers best experience in mobile reference and is available for any handheld platform.
* Quick dynamic search of words while you type
* Ability to add bookmarks to favorite words
* Hyperlinks between different related words
* History to see the last 50 words you have looked up
* Filters to help you locate the word you are searching for:
* Fuzzy filter- used when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* Keyword-used to locate the instances of a key word within other compound words
* Wild card - "?" and "*" replace a letter and group of letters in words
* Convenient two pane design for tablets
* Fast article scrolling
* Online and offline modes supported; the offline mode allows you to download the whole dictionary and work independently from data connections
* Ability to have dictionary Word of the day as a widget on the phone home screen
* Ability to search words in the installed dictionaries through the standard phone search feature
* Support for memory cards
Tags: englishspanish medical terminology dictionary , spanish medical terms , spanish medical terminology , medicine dictionary english to spanish , medical terms english spanish , medical english to spanish online applications , medical english spanish conversation , medical english in conversation , medical dictionary english/spanish