Glasgow Coma Scale (GCS)
by: ETZ • 82
The Glasgow Coma Scale (GCS) is a neurologic scale used to assess level of consciousness after acute head trauma and to monitor level of consciousness in all medical and trauma patients. Person or patient is assessed against the criteria of the scale, and the resulting points give a patient coma score between 3 (indicating deep unconsciousness) and 15 (fully aware).
This application helps in the assessment of Glasgow coma scale, provides instructions how to perform examination and how to assign scores, calculates Glasgow coma score and allows saving the scores in the searchable database for later comparison/follow up.
- brief instructions
- detailed information how to assign specific points and perform examination
- additional short clues
- assessment in case of intubation and eye injury
- pediatric and adult GCS
- simple interface with icons
- consecutive assessment E-V-M
- big text and score numbers
- GCS in EVM and total score format
- option to save calculated scores for later comparison
- saved scores searchable database
- supports all screen sizes
- small app size
- up/down sliders next to the buttons (swipe up/down to circle through responses)
Must have app. for medical students (to learn and get familiar with GCS) and medical professionals (to keep track of GCS scores and for consultation).