Nursing Drug Handbook
by: Lippincott Williams Wilkins • 989
Find complete monographs for more than 3,300 generic and trade drugs—including essential details on 24 NEW drugs—with important nursing considerations for each and every one in the completely updated and redesigned Nursing Drug Handbook app.
Once you download the 27 free sample drug entries, you will quickly discover that the Nursing Drug Handbook app is easy to use and includes all of the safety information you need to provide top-level care for your patients.
To get full access to all 1,000 generic and 2,300 trade drug entries, just complete the InApp purchase (details below). Once you’ve subscribed, you will have all of the vital information you need to provide safe patient care, including …
• Weekly updates with the latest need-to-know drug facts so you’re always up-to-date
• Quick and easy search via the Search Bar or by category, including Therapeutic Class, Pharmacologic
Class, Combination Drugs, or Canadian Drugs
• Visual search using our Photo Guide
• Easy-to-use tools to create a customized database, including Notes & Favorites.
Always up-to-date, the App emphasizes nursing and safety aspects of drug administration and will ensure that you’re fully informed of the newest approved drugs, approved and off-label uses for drugs, overdose signs & symptoms, and drug warnings, including:
• 2,821 changes to drug information that have occurred in the last year alone
• 838 NEW facts on adverse reactions and dangerous interactions
• 404 NEW nursing considerations and patient-teaching facts
• 629 NEW facts on indications and dosages.
In addition to the instant search capability that will help you quickly locate drug entries, each monograph includes the following key sections:
• Drug name: generic and brand names along with the pronunciation, tall man letters, and pill symbol
• Pregnancy risk category and controlled substances schedule
• Available forms (P.O., I.V., I.M., subcutaneous, inhalational, etc.)
• Indications & dosages
• Administration (covers all applicable routes)
• Action (route, onset, peak, duration, half-life)
• Adverse reactions (identified by body system)
• Interactions (drug-drug, drug-herb, drug-lifestyle)
• Effects on lab results
• Contraindications & cautions
• Nursing considerations
• Patient teaching guidelines
• Nursing process.
Your App also includes a Photo Guide with images of over 400 of the most commonly prescribed brand-name drugs and a free Dosage calculator.
Note: Users running multiple accounts on a single Tablet must install and access the Nursing Drug Handbook app from the Owner account. The app will not install properly on any device sub-account.
About your InApp purchase:
Your InApp subscription to the Nursing Drug Handbook app provides 12 months of continuous access to all drugs in the app, including quarterly updates featuring drugs newly approved by the FDA and weekly updates covering new Indications and Dosages, Black Box Warnings, Alerts, and other critical clinical information.
Your payment of $24.99 will be charged to your iTunes Account upon confirmation of purchase. Your subscription will automatically renew, until canceled, for $24.99 unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of your current period. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period. You can manage your subscription preferences in your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
Tags: davis drug book on samsung galaxy note , drug monograph , nurses drug handbook full