Oxford Handbook of Psychiatry
by: MedHand Mobile Libraries • 3
This Oxford Handbook of Psychiatry, Second Edition is developed by MedHand Mobile Libraries. It provides comprehensive coverage of all major psychiatric conditions and sub-specialities.
• In-depth coverage of general psychiatry and all the sub-specialties
• Information on psychopathology, evidence-based practice, legislation, eponyms and much more
• Contains practical advice on assessment and management in real-life situations
• Includes a full symptom dictionary to aid diagnosis, and full guide to prescribing
• Includes an additional index of ICD-10 and DSM-VI codes, and a quick index for acute presentations
• Features a completely updated legal section with coverage of the new English mental health act, updated coverage of the Scottish mental health act and new coverage of incapacity legislation in England & Wales and Scotland.
• Includes a fully updated section on schizophrenia.
• Contains addition of new drugs and new clinical guidance from internationally recognized institutions such as NICE.
• Features specialist chapters in learning disability, psychotherapy and child psychiatry reviewed and revised by specialist registrars working in the fields currently.
It provides detailed and practical advice on the management of psychiatric disorders, in-depth coverage of psychiatric assessment, psychopathology, evidence-based practice, mental health and capacity legislation in the British Isles, difficult and urgent situations, transcultural psychiatry, and therapeutic issues.
Also features a completely updated legal section with coverage of the new English mental health act, updated coverage of the Scottish mental health act and new coverage of incapacity legislation in England, Wales and Scotland, a completely updated section on schizophrenia, and the addition of new drugs and new clinical guidance from recognized institutions such as NICE.
It also includes specialist chapters on learning disabilities, psychotherapy and child psychiatry reviewed and revised by specialist registrars currently working in the fields.
The book is internally cross-referenced and has both key references to important papers and to further information resources. As well as being indexed alphabetically, it is also indexed by ICD-10 / DSM-IV codes, and there is a quick index for acute presentations.
This handbook is practical and didactic in style, designed to provide portable reassurance to doctors beginning psychiatry. There is helpful advice for the management of difficult and urgent situations, and the text is peppered with clinical observations on the practice of clinical psychiatry and guidance based upon the experience of the authors.
Readership: Senior House Officers starting psychiatric training, clinical medical students, psychiatric trainees approaching professional exams (e.g. MRCPsych in the UK), and psychiatric specialists
Authors: David Semple and Roger Smyth
Publisher: Oxford University Press
MedHand Mobile Libraries offers a SUBSCRIPTION FREE application without edition upgrade. The apps enables you to make notes, search, add bookmarks and review what you previously been reading.
MedHand delivers what you need, trusted knowledge at the point of care! Offering most trusted and well recognized medical guidelines provided by excellent publishers like Oxford University Press, McGraw-Hill, PDR Network LLC, Wiley and more.
Tags: oxford textbook of psychiatry , oxford handbook of psychiatry , oxford book of psychiatry , new oxford textbook of psychiatry 2nd edition , free of oxford handbook of psychiatry , oxford handbooks , free new oxford book of psychiatry , e.n.t hand book prescriber , free of handbock of psychatry