Oxford Handbook Publ Health Pr
by: Indextra AB • 1
This Oxford University Press source of information, Oxford Handbook of Public Health Practice, Third Edition, is developed by MedHand Mobile Libraries. Improve your performance with relevant, valid material which is accessed quickly and with minimal effort in the palm of your hand using MedHand’s patented technology.
• Provides a problem-based approach to public health practice
• Emphasises practical advice, contemporary issues, and latest advances
• Presents world experience at your finger-tips
• The global guide for continuing professional development
New to this edition
• New chapters on globalization, health communication, community-based participatory research, translating evidence into policy, social marketing, and sustainable development
• Includes expanded coverage of advocacy, crises and disasters, economic evaluation, ethics, clinical audit and many other topics
• Navigability and succinctness has been enhanced, with greater use of summaries, bullet points, and diagrams
Fully revised and updated for the third edition, the Oxford Handbook of Public Health Practice remains the first resort for all those working in this broad field. Structured to assist with practical tasks, translating evidence into policy, and providing concise summaries and real-world issues from across the globe, this literally provides a world of experience at your fingertips.
Easy-to-use, concise and practical, it is structured into seven parts that focus on the vital areas of assessment, data and information, direct action, policy, health-care systems, personal effectiveness and organisational development. Reflecting recent advances, the most promising developments in practical public health are presented, as well as maintaining essential summaries of core disciplines. This handbook is designed to assist students and practitioners around the world, for improved management of disasters, epidemics, health behaviour, acute and chronic disease prevention, community and government action, environmental health, vulnerable populations, and more.
Readership: Students in public health and related disciplines, candidates for professional qualifications in public health, public health practitioners, as well as teachers of public health (Master's of Public Health), health service workers, and environmental health officers.
Audience: This Oxford Handbook is intended for a UK audience as well as other areas which follow UK medical practice including Europe, Australia, the Middle East, India and East Asia.
Authors:Edited by Charles Guest, Walter Ricciardi, Ichiro Kawachi, and Iain Lang
MedHand Mobile Libraries offers a SUBSCRIPTION FREE application without edition upgrade. The apps enables you to make notes, picture notes, search, add bookmarks and review what you previously been reading. The app also contains a set of medical calculators.
MedHand delivers what you need, trusted knowledge at the point of care! Offering most trusted and well recognized medical guidelines provided by excellent publishers like Oxford University Press, McGraw-Hill, PDR Network LLC, Wiley and more.