Podcast Player PREVIEW
by: CPU GUY • 14
This is a preview of the upcoming $1 version. I do not feel like there are enough new features in this version yet to start charging $1 for it. All I ask in return is you email me about any bugs you find.
This app will expire in a few months, at which point you can buy the $1 version, or go back to the free version.
You will find no skins or pretty buttons in this app. It was made to be low overhead and efficient. Ever tried using a slider bar to skip around in a 2 hour podcast? This app uses buttons so you can skip to where you want. The pause/resume is oversize and at the top so you can use it in your car's cup holder. It can delete the mp3 after you have listened to it. It wont lose your position like other podcast players.
This app does not download podcasts. It only plays them.
READ_PHONE_STATE - so it can know when to automatically pause for incoming calls.
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - so it can optionally delete the podcast files after you listen to them.
WAKE_LOCK - so your device wont go to sleep in the middle of a long podcast.
- COMING SOON - HIGH PRIORITY -
1. DONE! - save positions of last 25 files
2. progress bar
3. split the setting to pause/resume on headphone plug/unplugged
- COMING SOON - LOW PRIORITY -
1. force screen to stay portrait or landscape
2. sleep timer
3. setting to resume after phone call
4. force screen to stay portrait
5. adjustable font sizes
6. sleep timer
7. browse by metadata
8. setting to auto-delete after done
9. some headsets have buttons, can we use them to pause/resume?
10. OPEN button on the main screen, it will be programmable to
show when no file is open
11. more languages
12. (I'm taking requests)
I would like to add faster playback speed but I can't figure out how to do it. If anybody knows and wants to help, please email me.