by: Mathias Bøgh Stokholm • 40
PlayLine is a completely new take on how a music player should function on mobile devices.
Check out the full version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.playline
Designed from the ground up to be as fast and intuitive as possible, PlayLine presents you with a beautiful minimalistic interface, and lets you weave your music catalogue into playlists with unprecedented ease!
In PlayLine, everything is a playlist. PlayLine displays the current playlist as a series of high-resolution images, enabling you to drag and drop tracks, artists, albums or even other playlists onto the current playlist!
- Stream your music to any UPnP/DLNA compliant device over WiFi
- Beautifully rendered hi-res list of tracks
- Intuitive and minimalistic interface - Nothing is more than a few swipes away.
- Move tracks around using drag-and-drop.
- Use swipes to pan through the current PlayLine.
- Use pinch-to-zoom to scale the current PlayLine.
- Fling tracks, artists or albums to enqueue them.
- Crisp animations and highly optimized graphics.
- Custom playlists(PlayLines) offer custom backgrounds and saving/resuming
- Built-in 5 band Equalizer, Bassboost and Virtualizer. (Possible to use an external EQ as well)
- Tag-Editor lets you rename tracks on the go.
- Art downloader - automatically fetches missing album and artist art from Discogs.
- Lock Screen widget(ICS+)
- Remote Controls using headset or Bluetooth compatible devices.
- Notification with track art and buttons for changing track, pausing/resuming and exiting the app.
- Easy and fast search is embedded right into the main layout.
- Flipping the app to landscape mode will result in a fullscreen view of the current PlayLine.
- Shuffle and repeat functions.
Restrictions of lite edition:
- No streaming of music to UPnP/DLNA compliant devices over WiFi.
- Maximum playlist size of 50 tracks.
- Gapless DLNA/UPnP playback is now supported! (Requires a MediaRenderer with support for gapless playback)
- Missing artwork is now retrieved from MusicBrainz.
- DLNA/UPnP devices are now listed using correct naming
- Improved DLNA/UPnP stability and functionality.
- Added new launcher icons for high DPI devices.