by: Proficio Software • 2
Do you miss Google Listen? Do you find other podcast apps too complicated or not functional enough? PodWave is the solution.
You can search and subscribe to podcasts RSS feeds with ease. Podwave then downloads your podcasts after which you can listen to them.
It supports the following features:
* Resume broken or failed downloads.
* Can block downloads over 3G and only download on WiFi, if you wish.
* Plays in the background (without being killed)
* Responds to media buttons on headsets
* Plays over Bluetooth connections
* Automatically deletes listened Podcasts after a user set period
* Drag and drop playlists sorting by tapping on the logo
* Search for podcasts or add podcast feed url's manually.
Even though it's inspired by Google Listen it is differently organized but it's navigation is very familiar. It does not support Google Reader integration yet. That will be added in the next release.
Explanation of Permissions
* INTERNET : For downloading and updating podcasts
* WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Downloaded podcasts are stored on the external card
* ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: To check if Wifi is enabled when you set "enable wifi download only"
* ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: see WIFI_STATE
* WAKE_LOCK: to keep the player running when in the background or screen off
* RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: To restart updating after a reboot
* READ_PHONE_STATE: For disabling playing when a call is received
I hope you like it. Please leave feedback if you experience issues.
Note: Paid version removes ads.
Tags: podwave , podwave free vs paid
by Daniel Sussex
Feb 06, 2013 | "Great"
Nice UI with enough settings to get the job done and clean up after itself. Search works better than most. Needs URL editing and OPML importing to make it perfect. Paid version removes ads?