by: ABRSM Publishing Ltd • 67
Designed for musicians, Speedshifter is a practice tool that enables you to adjust the speed of any audio track without altering the pitch. It is perfect for musical, slow practice to a recorded accompaniment. Developed by ABRSM (the exam board of the Royal Schools of Music), it can be used with any compatible track in your music library* to help you learn new pieces.
Speedshifter can also be used to:
- listen closely to tricky pieces you’re finding particularly hard to learn by slowing them down
- focus on specific sections using the loop function
- transpose a track up or down in semitones to fit with a preferred key or range
- set a reference tempo (BPM) by tapping in time with a track
- store tapped BPM and loop points automatically (once you’ve registered)
- sync BPM and loop settings seamlessly across devices once you’ve downloaded the free desktop version (http://www.abrsm.org/speedshifter)
- sound a tuning note – simply shake for an A!
* Important info
- Speedshifter Android currently supports playback of MP3, OGG, FLAC and WAV files stored on your device. It cannot access files stored online in cloud accounts.
- Before downloading please try Speedshifter Lite, our free version, to check it runs well on your device.