by: smiffs4u • 16
A tool a home recording musician can use to create realistic sounding guitar strumming patterns in their musical compositions. If you are a keyboard player and can't play guitar you'll know how difficult it is to put down a guitar track with realistic strumming. Strumpy was written just for you!
Use the tool to generate a cool guitar strumming clip and then upload it (in midi form) into your digital audio workstation (DAW) where you can exploit it further. All the complex timings that simulate the plucking of each note that make up the notes in a chord being strummed and the hardness (velocity) of the strummed chord notes have all been worked out and generated by Strumpy in the midi file. Simply assign the loaded track to a suitable sounding guitar patch in your DAW and away you go. Hopefully you'll find this tool a great way to extend your creativity.
Strumpy's key features are as follows.
- Build strum patterns from over 600 chord variations
- Set individual chord notes
- Control the delay between strummed notes
- Control the volume of strummed notes
- Control which strummed notes sound
- Simulate 12-string feel in enhanced mode
- Pre-packaged strum pattern templates
- Build, save and reuse your own strum pattern templates
- Configure phrase repeats
- Transpose the pitch of individual or all phrases
- Uses standard music notation to specify strum durations
- Save project midi files for use in a DAW (email or export)
- Exchange project files with fellow Strumpy musicians
- Playback projects and patterns with midi's standard instruments
- Layer two midi instruments and control delay and balance between them
- Live play mode for real time pattern playback in DAW
Please read the EULA on the Strumpy website before downloading the software. You'll also find an introductory user guide there which will help you get the best out of the tool.
Supports Android 2.3.3 (API level 10) and above and has been packaged with separate user interfaces to support smaller screen devices (phones) as well as larger screen devices (tablets).
Tags: strumpy , strumpy lite