by: Circa 1605, Inc. • 16.8K
Reading hard-going long articles on your smartphone can be painful. Navigating through news websites with a non-optimized mobile interface too. Getting informed about what’s happening around is still a need but the way people get and read news is changing.
Circa News solve the equation: Circa’s editors boil down stories until they get the core. Then, they select a few right words to make up a raw headline which gives you an overview of the issue. Yes, like a news tweet. A quick shot of news.
What’s even better is that you can follow stories as they were users, and as soon as a related news come up, a new headline will be added to its own story. This way you can quickly keep well-informed about any issue. In fact, you can “join” the story at any time and know about the former events just by scrolling down and reading a few lines.
There are 6 categories so far: Top Stories, Politics, World, Technology, Science & Health and United States. It needs more categories though, as well as different languages support and a more global scope (focused on the U.S so far).
Besides, the app lays out an innovative idea which always-in-a-rush people would love. In addition, it is set in a user-friendly interface and features a customizable Holo-layout. Recommended.
by Emmanuel , Appszoom
Oct 14, 2013
Welcome to our biggest update to Circa News *by far*. We've been super hard at work on it for quite a while and are excited to release it to you! If you have any thoughts, suggestions, or questions feel free to get ahold of us at firstname.lastname@example.org ! Now, on to the good stuff!
• We're so stoked about this feature. Wire is a new area of the app that consists of two things: a personalized Daily Brief from our editorial staff, and updates to stories that you may already be following.
• Now we make your followed updates super easy to read quickly by putting everything you haven't seen yet into a single fast-reading page.
Dynamic Daily Brief
• The President of the United States doesn’t need to read the news, he’s briefed on only the things that demand his attention. We figured why shouldn't everyone have that? Our editors will carefully curate the most meaningful stories of the day so you can have a Daily Brief delivered at a time that you choose!
• By far the most requested feature since we launched nearly two years ago and it's finally here! Search for stories that matter to you and give them a follow.
• You can now customize your main screen and Wire to only see the things you care most about – turn on or off any topic you'd like!
Filter Breaking News Alerts
• Don't want to see a sports-related breaking news alert? Just turn it off! We've made it really easy for you to tell us what news you want alerts about.
Android Wear Support
• Get Breaking News notifications and story updates delivered directly to your Android Wear device!
• We've teamed up again with Grammy-nominated songwriter and producer BT (https://twitter.com/bt), to produce a high quality suite of sounds that would fit perfectly with our new experience.
The latest Tweets from BT (@BT). Grammy Nominated Composer & Technologist. I am a man that believes sound can change the world. I seek, I learn. Bookings: email@example.com. On a shining blue dot