Mappa Mecum Earthquakes
by: e-Soft s.r.l. • 38
Mappa Mecum Earthquake
This app shows recent earthquake events around the world.
You can use Mappa Mecum Earthquake to display on map and show detailed information of earthquakes registered by the most important authorities and collected by the EMSC-coordinated observatories.
Events can be overlapped to maps provided by a lot of different web services; you can edit mapServers.properties file to add your preferred services.
This is a sample application showing the capabilities of Mappa Mecum Technology.
*** About Mappa Mecum ***
To provide a fast development of mobile solutions, e-Soft has implemented a proprietary cartographic library (Mappa Mecum) that offers the following features:
- display maps served with various protocols (TMS, WMS,..): applications can access a wide variety of map services, not limited to the Google's and Microsoft's ones, like the open alternative OpenStreetMap and propretary services realised with ESRI products (ArcInfo, ArcIMS);
- pre-load significative map portions on SD-card: this way maps are accessible even when the smartphone can not connect, like often happens in extra-urban areas, and without mobile internet costs; moreover the map navigation becomes extremely fast;
- overlay geospatial vector data (shapes file) geometries on the map (points, polylines, and polygons) and display informations associated with them;
- cache loaded map portions to speed up future access to the same area
- great user experience, that takes advantage of gestures (single-tap, double-tap, drag, fling, pinch,..) to browse maps and on multi-threading to keep the application response time low.
e-Soft uses Mappa Mecum to develop, at low price, high quality cartography related solutions to satisfy a vast variety of customers and needs.
* Fleet tracking*
This solution is directed to both public and private organizations, by querying an AVM server (e-Soft can develop a new one, or interface to an existing one) it is possible to display in real time vehicles position and others related informations. Another area related to this type of solutions, where e-Soft posses specific experience, is the development of tracking systems for ambulances and other vehicles adopted in emergency services and public assistance (118, red cross, voluntary organizations,..)
* Environmental protection and monitoring *
This type of solution is directed to organizations and authorities dedicated to the control of territory (Forest Rangers , Municipal Police,..) and Public Security.
For example, adding to the map one or more informative vector layer (like shape files) showing specific boundaries or permissions for public land occupation, it is possible to check if you are in a protected area, in a specific zone of the PRG (Piano Regolatore Generale) or in an flood-risk area and show detailed informations about the area.
* Civil Defence, Public Security and Operators/Fleet Tracking *
Making use of the smartphone GPS and connections features, and using the technology Mappa Mecum, e-Soft can rapidly develop solutions to show the position of operators.
The exchange can visualize in real time the position of each operator, assign him tasks, etc. Each operator can display the position of his colleagues and his assigned tasks. Operator can also gather alphanumeric or multimedial data from the territory and send it to the exchange.
Tracking the operators position over time it is possible from the exchange to check which areas are already been, or to be, monitorated.
Keywords: earthquakes indonesia, earthquakes argentina, eartquakes japan, earthquakes italia, earthquakes turkey, earthquakes greece, earthquakes philippines, earthquakes syria, earthquakes australia, earthquakes aleutian islands, earthquakes Japan
Tags: me cum è ca n , mappa mecum